Zusi 3

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Ralph Glass

#21 Beitrag von Ralph Glass »

I understand that blender will be a supported 3D Tool in Zusi 3. A well known , excellent and internationalized (open source) application. This will in my opinion multiply the potential for international Zusi Add On Development and open the community even more to international users.

Best Regards
Ralph

Ralph Glass

#22 Beitrag von Ralph Glass »

I don´t know yet about the proposed scripting system in Zusi 3, but perhaps a scripting interface would be a solution for the international signaling and train control needs. (I personally would prefer a python interface, by the way blender has got one)

Regards
Ralph

Ralph Glass

#23 Beitrag von Ralph Glass »

@ Cristoph
I'm not convinced that discussions in kisuaheli will have any positive impact on the forum or Zusi in general... zuzwinker
Let me convince you that a discussion in every language has a possible positive impact ;)

google: "kenia trains"

for example: http://www.livesteaming.com/Kenya.htm

Best Regards
Ralph
Zuletzt geändert von Ralph Glass am 07.12.2005 18:04:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#24 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

As one of the guys that started the english trnaslation which Christian thankfully finished I can tell you that I'm shure you'll get as much information here as on the normal germn forums. I don't know how other users read this forums, I simply look for the "new"postings regardless in which subforum they are.
I'm building on an english route together with Christian and Jason and it is quite difficult to get everything working. I can understand the fact that Carsten doesn't want to support other signalling systemsin the current version as the development of Zusi 3 has priority. As far as Carsten has written in the german forums, Zusi 3 will be able to support other signalling systems and I'm personally waiting for the british system to be implemented.
Nevertheless, building work can already be done, either by starting to create models with a 3D Editor or by taking pictures for textures as preparation for Zusi3.
When I said that german routes might be more entertaining for german users I didn't mean to imply that they're not interested in foreign routes -- but perhaps a german route, especially if it's setting is in the past, awakens childhood memories
I'm not quite shure about that. I've asked on more than one occasion about help on british rolling stock and I received zero help or even interest by the community. This is one reason why there is so little development beside german routes. You have to build everything. I've spend nearly three month together with Christian in building the british signals, and we still have only one basic prototype of an english train.

I'm still looking for someone to help us on the trainsets as we even have a photorealisti cab shoot of the vehicle. But I don't have the time to build the route, the signal, the rolling stock and the trackside objects beside my normal work day. And the support for non-german rolling stock is nearly nonexistant if it cannot run on a german track. This is quite sad, but thats how it is unfortunately. Maybe the interest gets bigger once the first foreign track is published, but that may be still a long way to go.

Oli
PS: Just ask as much as you want, I'm shure all of the other posters here so far are more than happy to help.
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

pospec
#25 Beitrag von pospec »

Good afternoon! I wasn't connected till now.

First, I have plans to bring some real Czech route to you. I dont'n know when, if I take comlexity of tools and my perfectionism into consideration. There were some Zusiers here in CZ, who made some models of locos and remaked some elder routes from Railsim. They were anonymous, the project is dead and links are broken. As far as I know I am the only czech fan who is interested in Zusi.

Allowing english posts looks as a very fresh idea. That is the advice that gave Roland. He wrote, that it needs a trigger, and I agree. It is useful only when finding solution to some problem and starting the discussion - like this one. But what if I just want to browse the forum, maybe in case to give somebody advice? The mainstream still will be german and I won't see the "triggers". This is very sensitive case and I don't want to offend somebody.

I think, that most important thing is to provide all necessary tricks how to effectively use the tools to ALL users. If you (Ch. G.) think that everything is described in documentation, than it is OK. Translation of documentation to english looks like hard work and I am very glad that Christian Gründler could make it. I am quite newbie here and I don't know history of english community here.

Maybe independent forum should solve this, but it looks a bit comic to me.
Zuletzt geändert von pospec am 08.12.2005 12:38:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Christian Gründler

#26 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

pospec hat geschrieben:First, I have plans to bring some real Czech route to you. I dont'n know when, if I take comlexity of tools and my perfectionism into consideration.
Hello pospec,

the usual advice in cases like yours is: begin by "Building a simple test route". The tutorial is available in English. Some aspects of route building (e.g. points) have been improved since the time the tutorial was written, therefore you should read the Route Editor's manual, too. Nevertheless nearly everything will work as described in the tutorial - nothing is really wrong, but some parts are deprecated today. If there are any questions (and probably there will be many ;) ), please do not hesitate to ask here.
The mainstream still will be german and I won't see the "triggers".
Yes, that's true. But I'm afraid that the only solution would be to lern at least a little bit German. You may try bablfish, but I doubt that it will help you. Sorry.

Kind regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 08.12.2005 21:23:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

pospec
#27 Beitrag von pospec »

I started with "Building a simple test route" a few months ago. It was quite easy for me. But I can't handle GebaudeEditor (is it the one where I can build a loco, isn't it?). The documentation is only in GERMAN :(

Oliver Lamm
#28 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

What you can do, is take any 3D editor you want (as long as it can export x-files) and build your objects in there. Roland Ziegler has written a program called "3DModelBetrachterX" which can convert the x-file to ls-file and vice versa.

A good editor seems to be Blender or 3Dcanvas. Links to the Editors are on the main zusi homepage.

The only thing not working with Zusi2 are textures, but that will change with the new version. First pictures of signal are already in the german speaking part of the forum.

Oli
Oliver Lamm

Christian Gründler

#29 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Pospec, my advice is: start with route building. There is an English manual, and there will be a program to transfer routes from Zusi 2 to Zusi 3 file format. For the time beeing, why not use a German loco for test driving?

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 14.12.2005 20:18:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

pospec
#30 Beitrag von pospec »

Thank you for you advices. I would like to start with building czech locomotive. I will try to make model in software that Oli posted. Building of the track in Zusi 2 seems very chaotic to me. I shall wait for new version.

Thank you!

Jason-M

#31 Beitrag von Jason-M »

I have just seen the new Zusi 3 page(in the Neu section) and what can I say 8o it looks excellent.
I will look forward to this.
--
Jason M

Vern
#32 Beitrag von Vern »

I am still keeping a watchful eye on how Zusi 3 is progressing and would hope to make a contribution once it is released. My involvement with the train simming scene dropped dramatically after the mauling I received at the hands of *some* of the Trainz crowd after release of a TRS2004 route and there is just too much peer pressure in MSTS, which for me is a dead programme now anyway. In point of fact only Zusi and BVE are currently installed train sims on my PC, MSTS and Trainz have been uninstalled and the latter I have even thrown out the programme discs. However following Jason contacting me regarding Densha de Go Final I have revived my interest in Densha console gaming and even bought a PSP to play the pocket versions!

I have a real fear the issues with Trainz and MSTS will only become worse with the release of TMTS and KRS. The rivet counters and detail hounds will simply make it impossible for those with average skills and modest spare time to produce content that will be of an acceptable standard. In that respect, Zusi will provide an important refuge for those of us seeking to continue or revive our involvement with train simming away from the bright lights, so to speak. I sincerely hope that the promised English version support both in the programme and editors is offered. There is actually a great deal of interest in the European and particularly German railway scene from the UK - just as there is a surprisingly high interest in the Densha games outside Japan.

Good luck and full speed to all those involved with Zusi 3 and I look forward to being able to buy and use the programme some time later this year.

Jason-M

#33 Beitrag von Jason-M »

I see there is another page on the Zusi 3 page, great pictures.
--
Jason M

rhyvarin
#34 Beitrag von rhyvarin »

I am back! Risto in Finland 8)

Christopher Spies

#35 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

Vern hat geschrieben:I have a real fear the issues with Trainz and MSTS will only become worse with the release of TMTS and KRS. The rivet counters and detail hounds will simply make it impossible for those with average skills and modest spare time to produce content that will be of an acceptable standard. In that respect, Zusi will provide an important refuge for those of us seeking to continue or revive our involvement with train simming away from the bright lights, so to speak.
Do you think the Zusi community is free of rivet-counters ;D ?
That sounds like you think Zusi3 will be of only mediocre quality compared to TMTS and KRS :? -- the refuge of those who are unwilling or unable to invest much effort into high-quality addons, and will uncritically accept cheap content (OK, that was greatly exaggerated).

- Christopher

Vern
#36 Beitrag von Vern »

Yes I'm sure Zusi does have its share of rivet counters, but then as we haven't really seen up close screen shots of the rolling stock will one actually see them to count them...? :D

And my note was not meant to imply Zusi 3 will necessarily be superior or inferior to any of the new products. I actually prefer Zusi 2 over MSTS and Trainz, despite the graphical inferiority, for other reasons (such as proper timetable operation and decent AI behaviour). As very few have seen Zusi 3 in action and no-one TMTS or KRS then it is impossible to judge. However as Zusi generally has a smaller userbase, one expect would the proportion of "IKB" types (IKB = Isambard Kingdom Brunel from the Trainz and UKTS forums) to be less. All the average user wants is the freedom to create and distribute their work free of retribution from hateful/spiteful/vexatious idiots!

Oliver Lamm
#37 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Vern,

good to see you are still around. I think you are right. The core members of the community are trying to conentrate on the simulation aspect and only second on the detail grade. I'm shure that Zusi 3 will also offer a lot of choices for all of us (LOD etc.).

I hope we can win you vor our team once Brighton - Eastbourne gets converted :)

Oli
Oliver Lamm

Sellu

#38 Beitrag von Sellu »

Hello, any news on possible release date?

Friedrich Stegmann
#39 Beitrag von Friedrich Stegmann »

Roland Ziegler hat geschrieben:Ther's a running gag going on here that each question in the forum for Zusi 3 will delay its release by one week. :D :D :D
Zuletzt geändert von Friedrich Stegmann am 25.03.2006 18:23:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten