Suggestion Grafischer Fahrtverlauf

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Steven G.
Aktuelle Projekte: Loks für Zusi 3

Suggestion Grafischer Fahrtverlauf

#1 Beitrag von Steven G. »

Hello,

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be good to be able to see Hauptluftleitung-Druck (Brakepipe pressure) on the Grafischer Fahrtverlauf. (Graphic display at the end of the run.) Certainly some real speed/data recorders display this parameter.

To be able to see the HLL-Druck (Brakepipe pressure) as well as Geschwindigkeit (Speed) would be useful in observing and also improving 'Driver technique'.

Below is an edited screenshot to show what I mean:

Bild

Maybe something like this is possible for Zusi3?

Best regards,
Steven.

Andreas Karg
#2 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

I've been thinking of writing a little external tool is able to log various data from Zusi and display it in a graph afterwards. Maybe I'll do it some time. But for now, I just want to really wake up. *yawn*

pospec
Little bit out of topic... :)

#3 Beitrag von pospec »

Hello drivers!

Interesting discussion here.

Andik, if you are able to write such a tool, could you tell me if the tool could also be able to display a route profile (Streckenschnitt? :)).

Andreas Karg
#4 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Huh. Sorry, I don't think that this is possible without a really big bunch of work.

pospec
#5 Beitrag von pospec »

I expected such a kind of answer. Thank you! :)
Maybe I would do it sometime (e.g. if I broke both my legs and won´t move out of my room for a 3 months)

Christopher Spies

#6 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

AndiK hat geschrieben:Sorry, I don't think that this is possible without a really big bunch of work.
Well, it would be necessary to parse the .STR file and find the altitude of each track vector -- but why would this be such a big problem? It might be computationally intensive (i.e. it would take a few seconds), but the algorithm shouldn't be very complicated ?( .
You would have to know the starting and end point of the trip, though.
pospec hat geschrieben:f I broke both my legs and won´t move out of my room for a 3 months
Hopefully never :angst !!!

Andreas Karg
#7 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Christopher: Yep, I'd need to parse the track file, then create a reliable algorithm to find out where the train actually is, because Zusi does neither send train coordinates (In that case it would be easy, because the Z-value is the current altitude, more or less) nor the number(s) of the track element(s) the train is on.
It would really be a big bunch of work for just this one feature. If Carsten could make Zusi send some kind of coordinate, it would be easy - at least for me. But he's probably not going to do that, because it would then be a big bunch of work for him. :P

Christopher Spies

#8 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

AndiK hat geschrieben:I've been thinking of writing a little external tool is able to log various data from Zusi and display it in a graph afterwards
If you display the logged data only afterwards, you can find out the altitude as a function of time (or track-km) by analyzing the .STR file and using the logged speed and acceleration values. There is no need to compute the current altitude in real-time during the trip.

However, I agree that this would be more complicated than just displaying logged data.

- Christopher

Andreas Karg
#9 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Hummmm. The problem remains: Where do I know from, where the train went? Should I analyze the STR file and create an algorithm that guesses from speed and acceleration which way the train took?

Christopher Spies

#10 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

AndiK hat geschrieben:Should I analyze the STR file and create an algorithm that guesses from speed and acceleration which way the train took?
A Zusi "Strecke" is, mathematically, a directed graph. After parsing the STR file, it should be possible to determine ALL possible paths between the starting-point and the end-point. Of course, these points have to be known!

In most cases, all paths should differ only marginally in length and altitude profile. After all, different platforms of the same station usually lie on the same altitude level.
Should this not be the case for some special track configuration, you could determine the path the train took by computing the length of the path and comparing it to the driven distance. If there are multiple paths of matching length, then you could use the altitude of either of them, or their average. If, for example, a crossover of an S-Bahn-track over another is missing in the resulting track profile -- that's not a major problem.

This sounds complicated, but the traversal algorithm should be relatively compact, below 100 lines of codes in C++, perhaps.

However, there is no mathematical proof of correctness for that algorithm. There might be pathological STR files that result in totally incorrect values as they misguide the algorithm. Also, finding all paths in a directed graph is computationally intensive (as I mentioned, it might take a few seconds).

I agree that this is still a lot more than is required to output only the data collected during the simulation -- I assume that (using the right library ;D ) this is just one function call (or at most a handful of calls). So your statement about that "big bunch of work" is probably right -- but in my opinion such an algorithm would be feasible. I haven't tried it yet, though.

- Christopher

pospec
#11 Beitrag von pospec »

Hello again guys!

First of all - my legs are OK, but my internet connection wasn´t for last days.

Chrostopher, you were discussing defining the route (of which profile we seek), but I think that the route (at least the preffered one) is defined in Fahrplan of certain train, isn´t it?

P.S.: Maybe someone should rename this topic

Andreas Karg
#12 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Christopher:
What do you do when there's a station with multiple lines dividing? Should I check all of them and guess "Well, there's this bump in the track, that can't be the way the train took, because it didn't decelerate where the bump must have been in my logs"? Naaah. If I want reliable data about the route the train took, I'd need to parse the ZUG-file as well and use some kind of pathfinding algorithm to determine the actual route. This would be another parser I'd need to write (Or at least an XML-file, because I'd use my universal parser).
Taking all this into attention and keeping the upcoming Zusi 3 in mind, where such stuff will be absolutely unnecessary (at least in the form we're currently talking about), I think that the amount of work that I'd have to put in for just some dumb track profile is in no proportion to the advantages it'd create.

pospec:

You're partly right. Track information as such completely lies in the STR file. Iinformation about the route of the train ON these tracks is saved in the ZUG file

pospec
#13 Beitrag von pospec »

AndiK, I just started thinking of getting that profile data from route files. Profile may be useful for some drivers / routes. Maybe dumb is a bit strong word.
You are talking about Zusi 3, but I didn´t find any news about it here in english section. Maybe you could put some informations here (if you have any).
Zuletzt geändert von pospec am 18.09.2005 17:30:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten