Transdem Issue

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
Transdem Issue

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

I'm still trying to get a short route up and running. I've noticed on using Transdem to add in further vectors to an existing str file (for example to mark rivers and roads) on resaving the *.str file back to Zusi and opening with the editor, all the installed signals and speed limits etc. have been deleted. The signals are gone and the speed limits are all reset to 100 km/h. Is there a way of avoiding this please?

Klaus Zimmermann
Aktuelle Projekte: Grenzlandbahnen

#2 Beitrag von Klaus Zimmermann »

Hello Vern,

for my route project, I have created a new str-file for rivers and roads only, instead of adding them into the railway str-file. Principally, it should work like this:

Make a copy of your railway str-file, delete all vectors but one (to have a common "zero point"), then add your road and river vectors to this new file. Save it als "roads.str", load it into route editor, create a landscape with roads along the vectors, save the landscape as ls-file, and finally import the "roads" landscape into the railway str-file.

If you really want to have the road vectors in your main str-file (which is only necessary for moving cars and ships), you may create the roads.str as described above, and finally import it into your railway str-file. This will leave your track vector elements unchanged.

Best regards,
Klaus

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#3 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Vern,

the issue is that TransDEM always writes all vectors again. If you want to add vectors to your route, just save them into a new file and import these new file into the route editor. If all files are created with TransDEM they should be imported at the right position. Just make shure you have no track vector selected in the route editor while importing.

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Vern
#4 Beitrag von Vern »

Thanks.

Antworten