Permissions

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
Permissions

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

I have now reached the stage with my fledging route where I am starting to address the lineside scenery, e.g. bridges and level crossings. There are quite a few generic objects to use but also a few gaps - such as level crossing barriers. Is it okay to use items from the existing/supplied routes or is it necessary to request permission (bearing in mind the work will be distributed on a freeware basis)?

Roland Ziegler
#2 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

I hope I'll be right with the following statement, otherwise someone please correct me.

@Vern:
You can use objects from the official Zusi distribution and from official add-ons for your own route, if you agree to the same conditions of object usage for the publication of your route: the usual Zusi freeware add-on handling.

If you intend to modify objects you should ask the original author for permission. As I understand the rules, you don't need to ask the original author if you do not modify an object. Nevertheless, I'm sure most authors - if identifiable - will appreciate a notification message.

Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin
Aktuelle Projekte: Aktuell keine
#3 Beitrag von Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin »

Some statemant from me. Cross linking should be avoided. If you plan to use a other model for your route, please copy it to your own route folder.
How to waste bits in a My SQL Database?

Like this.....

Christian Gründler

#4 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Hello Vern,

don't miss the folder "...\Zusi\DiverseLandschaftselemente"! It is full with objects which you can use freely. In this case it is imho not necessary to copy the files to your route folder - as they belong to the "common" Zusi files, you may link directly to them.

Regards,
Christian

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#5 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

only links to other lines (folder "Strecken" and its subfolders) should be avoided (copy objects to you folder then and mention the author in your readme or send him an email).
The objects located outside the "Strecken"-folder can be used without any request and needn't be copied.

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 19.04.2005 16:54:53, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Vern
#6 Beitrag von Vern »

Thanks for confirmation. I found the Diverse-elements, lots of goodies in there though no level crossing barriers (I could see) just the ground planes.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#7 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

they are in "Signale\Bahnuebergaenge\..."

Carsten

Christian Gründler

#8 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:they are in "Signale\Bahnuebergaenge\..."
Yes,

barriers of level crossings are route signals in Zusi. The principles of their working are explained in part 3 of the Route Editor's manual.
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 19.04.2005 20:12:52, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Vern
#9 Beitrag von Vern »

After a number of problems with the various routes I started I have scrapped them all and started over with a short, semi fictional route. Won't say any more until I'm happy that it is going to be viable.

Antworten