Update on UK Route

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
Update on UK Route

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

Due to my own fault for probably being too ambitious, I have suspended work on the Mallaig route as a first project. Instead, I have switched to the opposite end of the UK and attempting to build a route based on the Bournemouth to Weymouth section of the Southern Region. For our European friends unfamiliar with the area, this route runs for about 30 miles (50km) from Bournemouth to Weymouth. Mostly double track but a short stretch singled in recent years as an "economy measure". Includes the steep 2% climb out of Weymouth up Bincombe bank and I'm hoping to include a passing likeness of the famous Weymouth Quay tramway.

Jason-M

#2 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Well I am sorry to say after much hard work I am going to have to put an end to my route building with Zusi for the time being. I have tried very hard but despite a lot of help by people including Oli's route building guides I have not got the time to keep trying.
I will wait and see what the Zusi 3 editors are like and maybe try again then.

Thanks once again for eveyones help.
--
Jason M

Vern
#3 Beitrag von Vern »

Similar story here I'm afraid. Seem to have got bogged down, all I'm seeing is little arrows when I close my eyes. Also very pushed for time at present due to work and other non train sim related issues.

Also I tried using Gelandeformer to create some terrain around the track I had laid (about 12 miles). Not sure if set it up wrong as it is still all German, as although the processes started running after about 10 mins it crashed with a "virtual memory" problem and an address error.

So I too will await the arrival of Zusi 3 which hopefully will be slightly easier to work with and of course the other improvements make it more worth staying the course for the end results.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#4 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Sad to here that from you two but I can understand your reasons quite well. I'll continue implementing the english System into Zusi so that once you two try another attempt there will be at least the necessary signals and maybe the first rolling stock ?

Maybe you could support us on that side by aquiring images for the cabs or drawings for the rolling stock. I wouldn't mind travelling through England for a cab shooting or recording sound but I haven't got the contacts to people in positions to arrange for a meeting.

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Antworten