UK Routes

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#21 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

I've drawings of somersault signals as well as the three aspect light signals, but they are low priority as well as the GWR, LMS and LMR light signals. But I want to concentrate first on the typical signals and lineside signs.

But we are desperatly looking into some object builders starting to work on rolling stock and maybe even cabs ? I haven't got any drawings nor photos but maybee Vern or Jason have some connections in the MSTS community and people having access to that type of material.

Maybe the german object modeller should tell what they would need to do the job ...

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

lightrail

#22 Beitrag von lightrail »

Vern hat geschrieben:Well let's get the route built first!

Good news is I have matched the maps with the DEM and have traced the basic line of the railway. Currently made a start on smoothing the curves with "Abstectrechner". Results look impressive though it is tricky knowing which sections of the old track to delete without messing up the new. I will continue to profile the basic course of the line, with opposite vectors and parallel etc. tracks and platforms later on.

At some point Oli and/or Roland will need to give me a walkthrough getting the terrain data in the route.

I'm hoping that a British route will kindle interest in Zusi in the UK. Though I frequently try and promote the title on UK Trainsim it is very hard to wean people away from the death throes of MSTS - to a proper train sim!
Great news Vern. I'm looking forward to seeing UK routes in Zusi. That's something I'd like to try, but currently, the language barrier and lack of time has prevented me (plus lack of UK signals and stock).

I think if we can get some UK routes it will spark an interest - Zusi is far ahead in operating realism, network operations and sound effects that MSTS or TRS.

Volker

Re: UK Routes

#23 Beitrag von Volker »

Fort William to Mallaig which would be an ideal section of route to model
I travelled along this route in 2000 by motorbike. There I got a view on this track. Not only the streets to Mallaig have been one of the most impressive routes I´ve ever travelled, also the railwaytrack seems to be a wonderfull route to travel too.
The landscape there is really marvellous and I´ll definitely return to this part of Scottland. The you can enjoy the "Sound of silence" (not always the weather *gg*)

And you can avoid a big problem having with the motorbike, if you travel by train - sheepcrap on the streets :]

And, as long as we are up, there was a really cute girl at the TIC in mallaig. I remeber her well :O

Vern
#24 Beitrag von Vern »

I got in a mess with the first attempt at doing the track so have started with a fresh Transdem extraction. Now working along putting in gradients as I go.

Antworten