Modulverknüpfung

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Steven G.
Aktuelle Projekte: Loks für Zusi 3

Modulverknüpfung

#1 Beitrag von Steven G. »

Hello,

I have some questions relating to linking of DEM based modules without overlap.

I have read the relevant sections of the Gelaendeformer and the StrEdi documentation, also various threads such as http://zusiforum.eisenbahn-seiten.de/vi ... kn%FCpfung etc and I think that I generally understand the concept.

I wonder if someone could possibly provide some more details (with screenshots maybe) as to the best (easiest) step by step method to achieve this action. (Responses in German ok.)

Regards,
Steven.

Roland Ziegler
#2 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Looks like a question for "Best Practices". So let the route building experts answer this. :ausheck

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#3 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I have not exactly understood the problem.

Do you mean the hndling of a complete route consisting of separate modules (a module is including tracks, objects, terrain, etc) or only the creation of the terrain with DEMs?

Carsten

Steven G.

#4 Beitrag von Steven G. »

Carsten, Roland,
Thanks for the replies. I am able to create individual modules using DEM without any problem. My question is about the best technique for dealing with the 'edges' of multiple connecting modules, to avoid having 'overlapping' problems. eg Modules which 'fit together'without overlap.

Best regards,
Steven.

Roland Ziegler
#5 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Let me then say a few words about the terrain aspect of module merging. But there's more to this than the terrain and that's where the route builders are asked.

For the terrain you should follow these steps with Gelaendeformer (GF) and Streckeneditor (StrEdi):
  1. Decide whether to use the low-level basement (Grundplatte tief) to conceal holes and fissures of the terrain surface in GF. I recommend yes.
  2. If yes, Grundplatte tief should be created for all modules
  3. A common level of Grundplatte tief is highly recommended. Find the lowest terrain elevation of the whole route, subtract at least 10 or 20 m and uses this as the elevation of Grundplatte tief for all modules
  4. Run GF to create the terrain for module 1.
  5. Save that the module 1 terrain and make a copy.
  6. Create the border area for module 2: Take the copy of module 1 terrain. First delete all terrain exceeding the section of the track for module 2 in longitudinal direction (in StrEdi with the rubberband mask) which is extending into module 2. Then delete all terrain beyond the range to of module 2 terraforming (which is too far away from module 2 to affect terra forming there).
  7. Import these remains of module 1 terrain into module 2 in StrEdi. The result is seen in this screeshot:

Bild
  8. Run the GF for module 2. The imported terrain of the border area will be respected as existing terrain and the GF will adapt the new terrain to the existing one just like it does to the permanent way and other trackside terrain. See next screenshot.

Bild
  9. Repeat the last steps for further modules. Always make sure to manipulate working copies of the terrain to create the border areas and not the original modules.
  10. Use the original GF terrain creations for each module and link them into the main module, see this screenshot for module 1 and 2:

Bild
Edit: relinked the screenshots from the other thread you discovered
Zuletzt geändert von Roland Ziegler am 19.03.2005 09:22:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Steven G.

#6 Beitrag von Steven G. »

Roland,
I have now had some success with merging terrain modules. Thanks again for your helpful elaborations.

Regards,
Steven

Antworten