Thank You for the Tutorial

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#21 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I have had several module/address errors when trying to create the crossovers and junction at the branch terminus station - is that normal or a bug?
it's not normal, what exactly have you done to create the error?
Also is there any sort of "undo" function?
yes, one for the tracks, one for the landscape, but only the last step can be undone and the undo-function can be switches off in the settings.
but I couldn't highlight the platform to select it for deletion
press F6 to change between track- and landscape-mode

Carsten

Vern
#22 Beitrag von Vern »

I was trying to place the crossover for the single track branch as described in the tutorial. The error message occurred when I attempted to OK the destination element.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#23 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

mh, have you moved the slider? (you see a preview of the new track "on-line")

carsten

Vern
#24 Beitrag von Vern »

When moving the slider and when clicking okay straight away, but as I said not every time!

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#25 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

maybe it was a "strange" situation, the Ziegler-Absteckrechner is better for this anyway, but that's lesson No.2 ;D

Carsten

Sebastian Sperling
Aktuelle Projekte: Was in der Ausbildung lernen
#26 Beitrag von Sebastian Sperling »

@Carsten: What about using Standardweichen (what's the english word for this? Standard swichtes or something like that?) in the tutorial?
Ich mag Besprechungen, da muss man nichts arbeiten.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#27 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

@Sebastinan:

weiche -> points

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Christian Gründler

#28 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

SebastianSperling hat geschrieben:@Carsten: What about using Standardweichen (what's the english word for this? Standard swichtes or something like that?) in the tutorial?
I'm not Carsten, but it is pretty sure that there will be no update to the route building tutorial before the release of Zusi3. Therefore the latest improvements to Zusi2 are disregarded in the tutorial, but the Route Editor's manual is up to date.

Vern, I suggest that you build the route as described in the tutorial. Most of the information given there is still valid, and building points in the old-fashioned way should normally work without a program crash. Afterwards I would read the Route Editor's manual; the ready-made points ("Standardweichen") are explained at the very end. (And there is much more valuable information which is not given in the tutorial.)

Vern
#29 Beitrag von Vern »

I will keep at it - please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the Route Editor at all (far more stable than MSTS RE). A very powerful tool that with a little thought and planning can be used to make some complex and realistic track layouts.

Maybe I should have a go at Birmingham New Street for a laugh!!!

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#30 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

the tutorial only explains the Zusi-basics, it help's you to understand the usage of the editor and how tracks, signals, timetables,... work.

The second step will be the basic knowledge of the Ziegler-tools. The are very powerful and it's not easy to understand all functions but the basics can be learned quite fast.

And then one should learn to use the "standardweichen" (not that diffcult either).

Then you are prepared for the construction of your first "real" Zusi-route.

Carsten

Jason-M

#31 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Just something to note, when you first go into the strecken editor the undo function(shaded out under create the route) is shown in English but as soon as you place a bit of track this then changes back to German? hope you understand what i mean.
--
Jason M

Christian Gründler

#32 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Hello Jason,

that is one of the dynamic strings which cannot be translated in Zusi2 (as they are generated while the program runs and not taken from a file). It tells you what exactly will be undone (in German).

But I hope that the symbol is clear enough. BTW: some message windows cannot be translated either.

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 01.03.2005 16:55:43, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Jason-M

#33 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Christian Gründler hat geschrieben:Hello Jason,

that is one of the dynamic strings which cannot be translated in Zusi2 (as they are generated while the program runs and not taken from a file). It tells you what exactly will be undone (in German).

But I hope that the symbol is clear enough. BTW: some message windows cannot be translated either.

Regards,
Christian
Thanks for the reply Christian.
No problem, thought I better check.
Zuletzt geändert von Jason-M am 01.03.2005 19:40:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
--
Jason M

Jason-M

#34 Beitrag von Jason-M »

A couple of questions-

Is there 3rd rail available for the tracks, if yes how do we lay them.

Carsten, Is there any chance that a folder for UK types of signalling and objects can be set up in the main folders with the next update? so any of us doing a UK route can call the signals/objects from a central point.

Oli, can we use your signals?

I would like some speed/advance speed restriction boards, how easy are they to do or can someone do them for us?

Thanks
--
Jason M

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#35 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I have seen a German route with 3rd rail, maybe someone can tell the "secret"?

You can set the signal-files in the settings, so they are available directly by the icons (which are linked with German signals by default)

Carsten

Christian Gründler

#36 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:I have seen a German route with 3rd rail, maybe someone can tell the "secret"?
Hello Carsten,

that's no "official" route, is it?

The third rail can be created as "supporting wall". Because the bottom of these walls is at the height of the cess, it is necessary to correct the measure F under "Settings"/"Tracks"/"Permanent way" to a suitable negative number first. I just had a try - it works really fine :) .

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 02.03.2005 18:40:52, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Klaus Zimmermann
Aktuelle Projekte: Grenzlandbahnen

#37 Beitrag von Klaus Zimmermann »

Hello Jason,

I have added a 3rd and 4th rail on my bridges ("protection rails"). First build a route with normal 2-rail track, then create a separate ls-file with a piece of 3rd rail (lets say, 10m long), and include it into your route as "landscape along the track", repeated as many times as necessary. In my case, the result looks like this:
http://www.ahrenszimmermann.de/zimmerma ... hofen4.jpg

The screenshot shows the Biesenbach Bridge of the Wutach Valley Line (not yet finished).

Regards,
Klaus
Zuletzt geändert von Klaus Zimmermann am 02.03.2005 19:45:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Oliver Lamm
#38 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Carsten, Is there any chance that a folder for UK types of signalling and objects can be set up in the main folders with the next update? so any of us doing a UK route can call the signals/objects from a central point.

Oli, can we use your signals?
Jason,

I've talked with the ZPA Signale (Coordination of signals within Zusi) and we agreed to the following structure:

Code: Alles auswählen

Zusi
   |
   +-Kombisignale
   |       |
   |       +-UnitedKingdom
   |               |
   |               +-Light_signals
   |               +-Semaphore_signals
   +-Signale
        |
        +-UnitedKingdom
                |
                +-Shunt_signal
                +-Position_signal
                +-Limit_of_shunt_signal
I'm visiting our signal department tomorrow and get some more drawings about the colour light signals. The very first signals I had build were a little bit too detailed and not usable for the simulator if you need more that two :)

Bild

I'm quite busy the next few weeks (final exam of my studies) and after that I'm returning to my work in zusi (track and signals).

More to come.

Oli
Zuletzt geändert von Oliver Lamm am 02.03.2005 23:07:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Oliver Lamm

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#39 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I've talked with the ZPA Signale
That's me
?(

Carsten

Oliver Lamm
#40 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

@Carsten:

this was discussed with your predecessor. The email was dated from 08/01/2004 :)

Oli
Zuletzt geändert von Oliver Lamm am 03.03.2005 17:46:13, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Oliver Lamm

Antworten