Thank You for the Tutorial

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#41 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

ah, the folders are okay anyway...

Carsten

Jason-M

#42 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks to Carsten,Christian and Klaus for the info, I like the bridge Klaus and thanks for the tip about 3rd rail. In my area it is nearly all 3rd rail @750v dc so I would like to include it in a route that I will do. Question is how do I do I create a .ls file for a section of 3rd rail?

Oli, thanks for your info, and I am very pleased for the structure for UK signals, thanks.

I like your signal :] , if you want any tech docs(drawings,etc) on signalling e-mail me and I will send you some.

Cheers

Jason
--
Jason M

Klaus Zimmermann
Aktuelle Projekte: Grenzlandbahnen

#43 Beitrag von Klaus Zimmermann »

how do I do I create a .ls file for a section of 3rd rail?
I would do it like this: open the route editor, create a short piece of route, then create rails using the landscape menu. Press F6 (or use the View menu) to hide the route elements so you can edit the landscape elements. Now delete one of the rails and move the other one in y-direction (right-click, move). You may also change the colour (right-click / properties). Finally save the landscape as "rail.ls".

You could also create the rail with the buildings editor (create a rectangle manually with appropriate size and colour), but for the beginning the route editor is easier to use.

Regards, Klaus
Zuletzt geändert von Klaus Zimmermann am 03.03.2005 22:22:27, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Max Senft
Administrator
Aktuelle Projekte: Dies und das
#44 Beitrag von Max Senft »

Hmhm, I'm not quite sure, but I think you're talking of two different "3rd rails". I'm quite sure, Jason talks about the 3rd electrified rail they have in the UK (like in Berlin) and Klaus is talking about the 3rd rail, for example if you have different gauges.

Well, as I am no object modeller, I cannot tell you, Jason, how to create the 3rd rail the best way, but if you know the height - measured from the "base ground(?!)" - you have to create some long cube-thingy with "poles". ;D Ok, I don't really know how to tell you that, but maybe it helped anyway?! *g*

If it didn't help, some other object modellers will answer, I think. :]

Bye
Max Senft
Zuletzt geändert von Max Senft am 03.03.2005 23:26:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Administrator, Programmierer, Ansprechpartner bei Problemen mit dem Board

Jason-M

#45 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the reply Klaus, I know what you mean now.

Hello Max,

Yes you are right in what I mean, it would be a lot easier if there was a 3rd(electric) rail option as a proper track piece that was added to all the track(including points) automatically(maybe zusi3? ?( ).
In the meantime I may just do a route without it, it won't be a problem.

Thanks
--
Jason M

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#46 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Jason,

what you can do is create a piece in the object editor (not too long, maybe 2m or so) This can be placed in the route editor with the option "alongside track". If you have a little play with the options you should be able to get a proper result.

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Jason-M

#47 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Oliver Lamm hat geschrieben:Jason,

what you can do is create a piece in the object editor (not too long, maybe 2m or so) This can be placed in the route editor with the option "alongside track". If you have a little play with the options you should be able to get a proper result.

Oli
Thanks for that Oli.
Problem is that because the object editor is not in English it may take me a while to work out how to use it.

Thanks
--
Jason M

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#48 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

it can be translated, so the programme is prepared for translation like the other programmes

Carsten

Antworten