Network games?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Jpl
Aktuelle Projekte: Finnish Zusi :-)

Network games?

#1 Beitrag von Jpl »

Will there be support for network games in Zusi 3?

I know some people, who would like to play Zusi over internet and have one player working as train dispatcher (controlling traffic) and other players as drivers.

Roland Ziegler
#2 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Carsten has bee talking about this a while ago. According to his statements, Zusi 3 will feature necessary internal structures, to eventually provide external traffic control. This is independent of the actual interface. The latter will presumably be something over TCP/IP. A simple TCP/IP interface prototype for monitoring locomotive data is currently tested. But I understand external dispatching is a longer term perspective, I wouldn't expect it in the first Zusi 3 release.

Jpl
Aktuelle Projekte: Finnish Zusi :-)

#3 Beitrag von Jpl »

How the "ai-dispatcher" works in the current version of zusi?

Andreas Karg
#4 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

There's a marker that runs at a defined distance in front of the train. When this marker encounters a signal it tries to get a route to the next checkpoint in the timetable, usually selecting the preferred route but with some randomizing in it. Train priorities can be set up to a certain degree by changing the distance the marker runs in front of the train. That's it, basically, although there are some possibilities to change the behavior of the marker by track events.

Antworten