Route building

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Jpl
Aktuelle Projekte: Finnish Zusi :-)

Route building

#1 Beitrag von Jpl »

Hallo, Hello, something...

I'm now trying to build a Finnish route for this awesome (or is it "addictive"?) driving simulator, but I have some questions before I can continue..

First is that I have good 1:10000 map of the whole route and I would like to lay track correctly by using the map. So I'd like to know if there are any kind of 'markers' or coordinate/helper points supported in the route editor?

Second, where is the possibly to have a background image in the editor? ?( (it would be nice to have that feature)

Third, I know that Zusi 3 is coming (when?) with an improved (how?) route editor, but also I'm waiting for a fully customizable ATC system, is that coming in the future? Signals can be customized to look like the finnish signalling system.
Zuletzt geändert von Jpl am 31.10.2004 02:10:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#2 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

First is that I have good 1:10000 map of the whole route and I would like to lay track correctly by using the map. So I'd like to know if there are any kind of 'markers' or coordinate/helper points supported in the route editor?
What coordinate system is used on that map. If it is supported by Transdem - a Ziegler Tool - you'll be able to transform it to UTM which is needed to use the route creation tool inside TransDEM which leds to a raw route to be used in the route editor.
Second, where is the possibly to have a background image in the editor? (it would be nice to have that feature)
It is definitly a nice feature but not supported in Zusi 2. Trasdem offers this support for getting the raw track. Unfortunately the Ziegler-Tools are available only in german at this time.

Third, I know that Zusi 3 is coming (when?) with an improved (how?) route editor, but also I'm waiting for a fully customizable ATC system, is that coming in the future? Signals can be customized to look like the finnish signalling system.
If you could provide informations on how the system works I'm shure Carsten will have a look at it and put it on the wishlist for the next version.

Oliver
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#3 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I will write an article about Zusi 3-route-construction (in the forum) as soon as the new route-editor is working (maybe in a few weeks).

Carsten

Jpl
Aktuelle Projekte: Finnish Zusi :-)

#4 Beitrag von Jpl »

What coordinate system is used on that map. If it is supported by Transdem - a Ziegler Tool - you'll be able to transform it to UTM which is needed to use the route creation tool inside TransDEM which leds to a raw route to be used in the route editor.
I can get wgs-84 x/y/z, maidenhead and lat/lon coordinates from any point on map by using a web based service. There is also a 5x5 kilometer grid on map.
It is definitly a nice feature but not supported in Zusi 2. Trasdem offers this support for getting the raw track. Unfortunately the Ziegler-Tools are available only in german at this time.
German language doesn't stop me, only slows...
If you could provide informations on how the system works I'm shure Carsten will have a look at it and put it on the wishlist for the next version.
Finnish atc system is much like a german PZB. It doesn't have magnets like Indusi, but transreceivers, which provide signal and speed information to locomotive. Speed and signal is then displayed (with a beeb or two) on ATC panel in cab... I don't know much about how it works. Maybe I know more later...

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#5 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

ATC is no problem (for Zusi 3), when I get detailed information about the system.

Carsten

Vern
#6 Beitrag von Vern »

Zusi 3 - top of my Christmas wish list!

Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin
Aktuelle Projekte: Aktuell keine
#7 Beitrag von Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin »

How to waste bits in a My SQL Database?

Like this.....

Vern
#8 Beitrag von Vern »

It will be well worth the wait. Hopefully the Zusi 3 Route Editor will be a little more easy to fathom out and I can get some content up and running for it.

lightrail

#9 Beitrag von lightrail »

Vern hat geschrieben:It will be well worth the wait. Hopefully the Zusi 3 Route Editor will be a little more easy to fathom out and I can get some content up and running for it.
Ditto - I love Zusi and the driving experience, but the route editor currently baffles me. I'm sure once oyu know it is easy, but the learning curve is steep.

Christian Gründler

#10 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Hello Vern, hello lightrail,

the tutorial "Building a simple test route" is now available in English. It will be released as part of the next Add-On package, but if you tell me your email address I can send it to you immediately.

It is highly recommended that you build your first route step by step with the help of this tutorial, and what was obscure will become clear .....

Kind regards,
Christian

Roland Ziegler
#11 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

... and I don't agree with the "steep learning curve" assertion.

Admittedly this tutorial does not cover all the detail aspects of route building, and particularly does not tell you how to apply my tools, but it lays all the important foundations. After finishing this tutorial myself three and a half years ago I decided: As route building for Zusi seems so easy and rewarding I will start creating some auxiliary tools for it. :D

Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin
Aktuelle Projekte: Aktuell keine
#12 Beitrag von Daniel Rüscher aka Merlin »

But the Tutorial not covers the Building of DB-Junctions (what is the right Word for the Trackcrossing?), and Many more. But trying it is verry useful to understand the other, the more difficulty things.
How to waste bits in a My SQL Database?

Like this.....

Klaus Zimmermann
Aktuelle Projekte: Grenzlandbahnen

#13 Beitrag von Klaus Zimmermann »

I agree with Roland, the learning-curve is not as steep as it looks on first sight. I started as a newbie a year ago, went through the tutorial in a few days, and then started my first own project of a branch railway. You will also find the route-editor manual much easier to understand once you have finished the tutorial.

Best regards,
Klaus

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#14 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

DB-Junctions
i think it's "turnout"

Carsten

lightrail

#15 Beitrag von lightrail »

Thanks all - I'll give the English tutorial a go and let you know. :)

Vern
#16 Beitrag von Vern »

It will have to be the New Year for me, as I'm up to my neck in two MSTS routes at present.

lightrail

#17 Beitrag von lightrail »

Thanks for the files - but I cannot find the tutorial - can somebody point me in the right direction. I assume I open the editor, then what?

Thanks

Klaus Zimmermann
Aktuelle Projekte: Grenzlandbahnen

#18 Beitrag von Klaus Zimmermann »

lightrail hat geschrieben:I cannot find the tutorial
its a htm file, located somewhere in a subdir of %Zusidirectory%/Dokumentation.
Best regards, Klaus
Zuletzt geändert von Klaus Zimmermann am 21.11.2004 09:05:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Christian Gründler

#19 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

lightrail hat geschrieben:Thanks for the files - but I cannot find the tutorial - can somebody point me in the right direction. I assume I open the editor, then what?

Thanks
Thats the right idea - choose "Help (Hilfe)" / "Documentation" inside the Route Editor (or any other Zusi program). *In principle* a browser window will open with the index of the complete Zusi manual (partly still in German). There are the topics "Route Editor" and "Building a simple test route".

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work everywhere. (Doesn't work on my computer X( .) In this case you should start the "Dokumentation" inside your Zusi program group, and the aforementioned manual will open.

By the way, if you have installed the English files correctly, the Drivin Simulator, the Route Editor and the File Manager will be in English. (If you didn't, you will not see the English manual pages either.....)

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 21.11.2004 17:30:47, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten