Hello and a question

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
lightrail

Hello and a question

#1 Beitrag von lightrail »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the world of train simulations. Zusi is certainly shaping up to be an excellent simulator (judging by the demo and comments on this forum).

I've resisted buying the program so far due to the language barrier, but I'm now ready to buy given the English support through this forum (thanks).

I'm interested in driving the included and developed routes, but also in making my own UK and Caanda routes.

Question: Are UK and US signal systems supported in Zusi? And any idea when Zusi 3 is expected for release?

Not sure if I should wait or take the plunge now.

Thanks

PS And yes, Vern, this is the same lightrail as on the Trainz forum :)

Andreas Karg
#2 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

There are several different US signal systems already implemented in Zusi, but you are free to create new ones. Zusi allows almost any imaginable kind of signal...

Christian Gründler

Re: Hello and a question

#3 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

lightrail hat geschrieben:Question: Are UK and US signal systems supported in Zusi?
Hello and welcome!

My answer to your question is "yes and no". Why?

Carsten Hölscher is the author of Zusi (driving simulator and editors). Nearly everything else is contributed (free of charge) by other people. It is certainly possible to create routes/signals/trains to UK standard, and there are one or two (fictitional) US routes included with Zusi.

At the moment the Driving Simulator is available in German only, but there will be an English version soon (I can asure you, as I translate it myself ;) ). The Route Editor (including the manual) is already available in English, and the other Editors will hopefully be translated in the future.

So it depends on the people in the UK and Overseas to create all the routes, signals and rolling stock you would like to use. If you need help, please don't hesitate to ask here in the Forum.

Kind regards,
Christian

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#4 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Hi,

I started working on the english colour light signals and have drawings with measurements of them. At the moment I'm short of time, but I'll continue working on the my the end of july.

So far I've planned:

single/two/three/four aspect
repeater
route indicator left/right
shunting signals

Oliver
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Jason-M

#5 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Great Oliver I look forward to those signals.
--
Jason M

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#6 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Jason,

any chance of getting information about speed boards ?
e.g range, measurements etc ?

Oliver
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Jason-M

#7 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Oliver Lamm hat geschrieben:
Jason,

any chance of getting information about speed boards ?
e.g range, measurements etc ?

Oliver
Oliver you have mail
--
Jason M

lightrail

#8 Beitrag von lightrail »

Zusi has arrived safely and is on my system. Now I'm wading into it, looks great so far.

Had a quick look at the route editor (thanks for the english files) but I admit I don't know where to start.

Could anybody point me in the right direction (tutorials or suggestions)?

Thanks

shangway

#9 Beitrag von shangway »

@lightrail

There is an english translation of the route creation tutorial. Though it's just the first part, it should be enough to get you started. It describes how you lay the tracks and place the signals. AFAIK the part which shows how to model the landscape hasn't been translated yet.
You can find the appropriate links and more information about it in this thread.
I have heard however, that there might be some errors in translation, since the translator does not have ZUSI and did merely a linguistic translation. I guess Christian Gruendler is able to tell you more about that.

... hope this helps.

--- shangway

Christian Gründler

#10 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

lightrail hat geschrieben:I admit I don't know where to start.
Hello lightrail,

normally people start with driving the routes and trains included with Zusi. Unfortunately the Driving Simulator ("Fahrsimulator", Zusi.exe) is not yet available in English (should be available by the end of july). But it is certainly possible to learn driving by trial and error, as Bruce Kennewell or Vern Moorehouse can confirm. If there arise any questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

The route creation tutorial by Immo Birnbaum is certainly useful in connection with the manual; if you encounter parts of his description that do not seem to work, just skip them - most of it is all right. (And don't be puzzled by the track element numbers; your elements will have probably other numbers, but that should be no problem.)

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 24.06.2004 12:41:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

lightrail

#11 Beitrag von lightrail »

Thanks

I've learned driving on the demo - so I feel confortable with that. You are correct, I learned by trial and error, but quickly figured out the operating keys and which keys to press when passing caution signals (I still sometimes mess this part up much to the annoyance of my passengers).

I'll have a look at the route creation tool and jump in. I'll probably have more questions as I progress in it.

David

Vern
#12 Beitrag von Vern »

Must admit even with the help of the English instructions, I've not been able to make much sense of the route editor. I sort of see how you lay the track, but got totally confounded by the fact you need to lay a track (or vector) in each direction if you want trains to operate both ways over the same line.

As for doing the terrain...

Hopefully the interface in Zusi 3 will be much simpler!

Guess I've got used to the WYSIWYG editors in MSTS and Trainz.

Antworten