Zusi Bahneinrichtung Tutorial

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
robert parsons

Zusi Bahneinrichtung Tutorial

#1 Beitrag von robert parsons »

Hi

Just received Zuzi 2.4 and attempting to follow the tutorial for the Uebungstrecke. The problem I have hit is that when I build the "40 km/h-Linksweiche " from element 80 the curve is too short ( I get 4 arrows not 5 as shown in the tutorial). The effect of this is that when I add the 90m straight element it doesnt cross the third line which I have build parallel to element 81 , 14m to the left as per the Tutorial. I have tried this 3 times now and still get the same result. Am I missing something? I can understand the logic of what is needed but putting it into practice has defeated me so far :(

rob

robert parsons

#2 Beitrag von robert parsons »

oops didnt see bruces message re translation of tutorial before sending first message. I'll follow the translation and see if that helps :O Translation ties up with my original understanding, but I still cant get the 90 m element to touch the third line. Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong?
Zuletzt geändert von robert parsons am 12.03.2004 03:32:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#3 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Hello Robert,

I think the tutorial isn't that correct at this point anymore. I tried to build the tutorial route a few days ago for preparing a presentation and had the same problems you are describing here.

@Carsten: Have you changed the parameters for he points during the last ... year ? :)

Oli
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

robert parsons

#4 Beitrag von robert parsons »

So its not just me :D . In the end I followed the logic of what was needed, rather than the specific details and manged to build this element 8o .

rob

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#5 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

have I changed the "Weichen"-function? ?( :O

You can create 150 instead of 90 m, then it will probably cross.

Carsten

robert parsons

#6 Beitrag von robert parsons »

Thats what i did in the end. Throws the tutorial numbers though. Ok I can understand German moderately well, so no problem, but for those who's German is not so advanced could be a problem. The angles used now do not tie up with the angles given in Step 5. Caused me some confusion I must say. In the end ignored the element numbers in the Tutorial and just applied the logic - worked, but for those following the Tutorial religously would totally throw them. Perhaps the Tutorial needs looking at.

Also bear in mind that some English people may well come to Zusi looking for what they want, hit this problem and say this is rubbish, without understanding why the 'problem' occurs. It is not really a problem just that the radius used now is 190m not 180m. The Tutorial assumes 180m, but the editor uses 190m. That makes a difference.

rob
Zuletzt geändert von robert parsons am 12.03.2004 22:23:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Christian Gründler

#7 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

robert parsons hat geschrieben:In the end ignored the element numbers in the Tutorial and just applied the logic - worked, but for those following the Tutorial religously would totally throw them.
Hello Robert,

*nobody* should follow a tutorial religously - I just hope that all readers apply their common sense (as you did). The Zusi-manual is quite good, but certainly nobody is perfect ;) . (I know what I am writing about, as I am translating the manual of the Route Editor.)

By-the-way, I am curious: would you like to add to your profile the place (or at least the region) where you are living?

Kind regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 13.03.2004 00:10:08, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

robert parsons

#8 Beitrag von robert parsons »

Hi Christian

! agree noone should follow a tutorial religously, but a lot of people do ;) . Writing Tutorials/Training Material/Help for software is difficult I know - have tried myself. Good luck with the Route Editor translation :)

I have updated my Profile now as well

kind regards

rob

Antworten