GOTTHARDBAHN

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Jason-M

GOTTHARDBAHN

#1 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Hello,
I downloaded -GOTTHARDBAHN V2.4_ from http://zusi-gotthardbahn.ch
it seems a good route but I see at the moment some of the textures are missing.
What can anyone tell me about this route and is it still work in progress?

Thanks

--
Jason M

Mirko
Aktuelle Projekte: Nothing in particular
#2 Beitrag von Mirko »

Howdie!

This route is built by Felix Aeschimann and still work in progress. The Swiss Gotthard and the Austrian/Italian Brenner (with the border at the top) are the most important routes from Germany and its neighbour-countries to Italy - for street as well as for railway.
Felix has the problem (at least this was the situation one and a half years ago) that the Swiss digital maps don't include a height information suitable for the "Ziegler Tools". So he has to import the maps into the TSTF for Microsoft's Trainsim, draw all the contour lines with the mouse and export the data into the Ziegler tools.
Who knows the TSTF also knows that this is a hard work. I had problems forming some hills in it as a test and the Gotthard is in an alpine profile. So it takes time until the landscape for this beautiful mountain route get ready. I crossed the Gotthard several times by bus or car (tree times through the road tunnel once over the top) and it is fantastic. I'm looking forward to this route since I heard about it first.

EDIT: Before someone gets angry about my forgetfulness - the third route that should be mentioned here as an important route from Germany to Italy by train is the Loetschberg-Simplon-Route crossing two passes. It's also in Switzerland and very interesting is that there is no possibility to cross the Loetschberg by car on the road. You have to drive to the small town Kandersteg, drive onto a train (and you stay sitting in your car) and then you are taken though the 14612 meters long Loetschbergtunnel. In Goppenstein (a very small village) you leave the train and continue the journey on the road.

Mirko
Zuletzt geändert von Mirko am 21.01.2004 20:06:50, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Jason-M

#3 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the reply Mirko.

I will look forward to the finished version.

--
Jason M

Alex

#4 Beitrag von Alex »

Jason-M hat geschrieben: I will look forward to the finished version.
--
Jason M
I think we're all looking forward, especially for such details like the moving switches :]

Antworten