Shunt Signals (Two White Lights)

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
Shunt Signals (Two White Lights)

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

Can anyone tell us what key you must press to over-ride Indusi and pass a signal which is displaying a red aspect, but has the two white dots (similar to a UK shunting or subsidiary signal), or what the rule is in this situation?

Many thanks.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#2 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

It's "Indusi Befehl" (key 0/Ins), press it once to activate the mode (indusi sound is on) and then press it a second time after passing the signal.
You must not be faster than 40 km/h.

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 19.01.2004 23:44:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Andreas Karg
#3 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

By the way, when shunting you usually must not exceed 25kph, except the dispatcher explicitly tells you to. In Zusi the limit is generally 40kph to make the autopilot a little faster. But when you're driving yourself, you should follow the rules...

Pegasus-wtal
#4 Beitrag von Pegasus-wtal »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:It's "Indusi Befehl" (key 0/Ins), press it once to activate the mode (indusi sound is on) and then press it a second time after passing the signal.
You must not be faster than 40 km/h.
Carsten
And I wondered why I always got a forced stop after passing such a signal despite I pressed the correct key (but only once)... :wand

Peter

Bruce Kennewell
#5 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:......and then press it a second time after passing the signal.
Aah-haaaaaaa!! Press it twice.

That explains a lot....thanks, Carsten. :)

Bruce.

Jason-M

#6 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the answer Carsten, and thanks for asking the question Vern, you beat me to it.

--
Jason M

Manfred Kätzler
Aktuelle Projekte: 2-facher Vater

#7 Beitrag von Manfred Kätzler »

Bruce Kennewell hat geschrieben:
Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:......and then press it a second time after passing the signal.
Aah-haaaaaaa!! Press it twice.

Bruce.
ATTENTION:

Thats only the case when the feature "Befehlstaste rastet ein" in the menu Simulaton - Einstellungen - Simulationsparameter is activated !! Otherwise you have to press it once while you're passing the signal !!!

Manfred
Fdl BFZ Wolfurt

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#8 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

"Befehlstaste rastet ein" in the menu Simulaton - Einstellungen - Simulationsparameter is activated
that's the default-setting.

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 20.01.2004 23:09:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Jason-M

#9 Beitrag von Jason-M »

On the same subject, I had to do a trip into a siding on one journey, after receiving a ticket to proceed I went into a siding then the wagon disapeared and I was ready to come back out of the siding, question is due to there not being a signal to leave the siding how do I know when it is clear to return? Silly me just went and nearly had a nasty experience with another train, I presume that I will be issued with a message when ready to depart?

--
Jason M

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#10 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

if there is no signal you should get a message-window (if the line was built properly....).

Carsten

Andreas Karg
#11 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

I suppose you drove the "Üg" on Altenbeken-Ottbergen.
Procedure for this train is as follows:
Get to Bad Driburg the usual way. Stop in front of the exit signal. Wait for the ticket to come. You can accelerate time until that happens by pressing F11. Time acceleration will automatically be stopped when something happens that allows you to continue your journey. Pass the signal and don't forget to press 'Befehl'! While your train is passing switches your maximum allowed speed is 40kph, after leaving Driburg behind it's 50kph. After some kilometers you will approach "Awanst Herste", a small industry siding on the right side. Stop right in front of the first switch, imagine yourself getting off your loco and switching the switch. (:D) Then continue, VMax = 25 kph. Proceed to the first switch where tracks get merged again and stop in front of it. Your train set will be changed a little. You are facing the other direction now. Proceed to the Box with the "F" on it ("Fernsprecher", see the other thread..) and wait for another ticket to come. Get back to Driburg , VMax 50kph. As you are driving on the 'wrong' track there won't be a normal entrance signal. When you pass the pre-signal of the usual track you know that you're near enough and prepare to brake. In Driburg there's a special signal placed, that was basically designed for other kinds of trains. It's a black box with a white quadrangle on it. If there's a black line running from the upper left to the lower right side you can proceed. If not - stand and wait. :] Halt in Driburg, then get back to Altenbeken.

Even if you didn't drive particularly this train, you can think of this as the default procedure for cases like yours. Hope to have been able to have helped (blah.. Futur II glaub ich *g* "Hoffe zu helfen gekonnt zu haben")

PeterR

#12 Beitrag von PeterR »

If you take the Üg with class 360 of "FiktiverTaktfahrplan" you will have to ride to the lower track of Herste first after arriving. You are the shunt leader (how you call rangierleiter in English?), the orange man standing at the front of the first car. You drive the train backwarts down to the lower track for picking up some stones. But first you have to stop at the telephone ("F") and wait for the window which calls you to go. Do not stop the train until you have passed the last switch. Then you are beamed back to the driver's cab and wait until the stones are loaded. After you are called by a window, go back until you are infront of the last switch of the upper track. Then the loco will change the position at the train, you come back to the telephon an wait until the dispatcher tells you to return to Bad Driburg.

It is a very interesting ride but it will take more than three houres, if you don't use F11.

Jason-M

#13 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the help everyone, the actual train I drove was on the Wolfsburg-Braunschweig - UG 67003.

We will in time get used to all the things that we should be doing.

Thanks again.

--
Jason M

Antworten