English translation, Part 1, of Route Creation Tutorial!

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Bruce Kennewell
English translation, Part 1, of Route Creation Tutorial!

#1 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Thanks to Immo Birnbaum, who answered my plea (placed on the MTS forum, would you believe?!) for a Zusi doc translation prior to the English section of this forum being established, has provided Part 1 of the Route Creation tutorial as a PDF file.

I have made it available for download as a zipped file from my site.
Go to the URL below and follow the January 17th. link.

http://www.netspeed.com.au/bhk/AustRail/news.htm

Regards,
Bruce.

Bruce Kennewell
#2 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

I have been working my way through this tutorial and am up to the point where I have completed the cross-over at Station Left and have installed the first set of signals.

The instructions are easy to follow and it appears that Immo's translation is spot-on.

However, there is no doubt in my mind for the future that, in order to make the process as straight-forward for we non-German speakers as it is for you who speak and read German, it will be essential for all the menu headings and labels to be written in English.

Perhaps 'Zusi 3' will provide this solution?

In the meantime I shall persevere with this tutorial and try and learn the functions until they become automatic and I don't have to read the translation! :)

Regards,
Bruce.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#3 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Yes, it definitely will.

Carsten

Vern
#4 Beitrag von Vern »

That is excellent news - where's my credit card!

Bruce Kennewell
#5 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

After me, Vern! :)

Bruce.

Jason-M

#6 Beitrag von Jason-M »

And Me. ;)

--
Jason M

Heitor Gonçalves

#7 Beitrag von Heitor Gonçalves »

Well since I don't speak German that is a good news. But I'm trying to learn German since Railsim!
All the best from Portugal,

Heitor Gonçalves

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#8 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Hi.

Just found this thread in the forum.
First of all I appreciate every efford to translate the zusi documentation. But at the moment I'm asking me the question why I should coordinate this project when people start working on parts of the doumentation with is already in the stage of being translated. I put a list in this forum with every chapter and the name of the translator just to avoid this.

Oli

BTW: I've got only one chapter so far ("Zusi Verwaltung") for final reading. If I worked myself through this document I'll send it to Carsten for official release.
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

Bruce Kennewell
#9 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Oliver Lamm hat geschrieben:But at the moment I'm asking me the question why I should coordinate this project when people start working on parts of the doumentation with is already in the stage of being translated.
Oliver, don't be offended.

In my case, Immo offered his services to me before I even made my first post in the Zusi forum and certainly before there was an English section.

What he is doing, he is doing for me, as a private Zusi user who was looking for some assistance in interpreting the documentation.

If you prefer, I can simply not make his translation(s) available in the public arena and will use them privately.

Let me know, please.

Regards,
Bruce.

Oliver Lamm
#10 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

In my case, Immo offered his services to me before I even made my first post in the Zusi forum and certainly before there was an English section.

What he is doing, he is doing for me, as a private Zusi user who was looking for some assistance in interpreting the documentation.

If you prefer, I can simply not make his translation(s) available in the public arena and will use them privately.

Let me know, please.
Bruce,

I'm not offended at all. Its just annoying if you start working on the same translation. But if you look at http://zusiforum.eisenbahn-seiten.de/vi ... php?t=3380 you see a listing of all chapters with their translators.
I don't want a chapter to be translated twice, as we have enough chapters left for translation.

Oli
Oliver Lamm

Christian Gründler

#11 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Oliver Lamm hat geschrieben:as we have enough chapters left for translation.
If I'm not mistaken, the Streckeneditor, Gebäudeeditor, Fahrzeugeditor and Formate are still waiting. If so, I'll try to translate the Streckeneditor. (I just had a look at the translation of Immo Birnbaum and think his work will be helpful, though I do not agree with everthing.)

Regards,
Christian

Oliver Lamm
#12 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

@Christian,

ok, i'll update the overview in this thread.

Oli
Oliver Lamm

Bruce Kennewell
#13 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Oliver Lamm hat geschrieben:I'm not offended at all. Its just annoying if you start working on the same translation.
Okay then, no worries at all....and I entirely agree that it is a waste of time - for both parties - to have two people unknowingly doing the same job.

I noted the other thread where Immo posted....I hope that he can continue his work after the exams.

Regards,
Bruce.

Antworten