a little bit of advertising

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
#41 Beitrag von Vern »

I am just re-downloading now while installing all the other updates. All the way from Koln to Koblenz - excellent work. Like taking the holiday train!

I prefer the Zusi version to the MSTS version ;)

Vern
#42 Beitrag von Vern »

Managed to get the route installed but getting the error messages about missing items of rolling stock.

I'm also getting alot of sound clipping and stuttering when trying to move a train which does not affect any other route. Thought it might be memory related but by coincidence I just upgraded the laptop from 256Mb to 512Mb of RAM today and it has made no difference.

Jason-M

#43 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Vern I had this problem of missing items last time I installed the beta of this route, also I think that if items are missing then the route will not run smooth, I may be wrong.
--
Jason M

Christian Gründler

#44 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Vern hat geschrieben:I'm also getting alot of sound clipping and stuttering when trying to move a train which does not affect any other route.
Hello Vern,

though things might improve with more memory (512 MB is certainly the minimum for this route), the reason for this stuttering is the on-board sound chip. (As you have got a laptop, I assume there is no sound card.)

If your frame rate isn't already dead slow, you should reduce the max fps (under "Settings").

The route may run better if you load it into the Route Editor and "Embed linked files" (under "Landscape"); I would keep a copy of the original route file. The new route file is really big as it contains everything, but the frame rate will improve. Caution: this is certainly not the way to deal with routes under Zusi 3; and it could happen that the Route Editor crashes because the route is so big. (Dont't be impatient, and do not forget to deactivate "Enable undoing changes" under "Settings/Landscape" first!!)
Jason-M hat geschrieben:I think that if items are missing then the route will not run smooth, I may be wrong
Hello Jason,

you are wrong - missing items are no problem in Zusi. (Well, if a loco is not found, for example, the train will not be in the simulation; but this has nothing to do with slow running or stuttering.)

Kind regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 25.02.2005 08:36:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Roland Ziegler
#45 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

The Rhine route is one of the most demanding Zusi routes, not only railway operation wise, but also hardware wise. It seems that embedding objects instead of linking them may improve performance, just as Christian suggests.

Missing objects: This may be due to the latest add-ons which reshuffle or rename some objects, but the authors themselves will surely be able to tell more about that.

Sound issues: It has been reported that some onboard chips have problems with the way Zusi uitlizes DirectSound, but I am not awre of an universal solution.

Vern
#46 Beitrag von Vern »

The route runs okay (and loads all the objects) under an identical Zusi setup on my desktop PC which has separate video and sound cards. So I guess it is a limitation of the laptops processing power. It's a Compaq Presario R3000 with an AMD chip, not sure what the speed is as it was billed as 2.8 but seems to run at 800 Mhz.

However all the other Zusi routes - including ObereRuhr run okay on the laptop so I guess this one I will need to enjoy on the main PC.

Jason-M

#47 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Christian Gründler hat geschrieben:
you are wrong - missing items are no problem in Zusi. (Well, if a loco is not found, for example, the train will not be in the simulation; but this has nothing to do with slow running or stuttering.)

Kind regards,
Christian
Sorry Christian i was getting muddled up with another simulation(rail3d2k) which has this problem.
--
Jason M

Roland Zühlke
Aktuelle Projekte: Eifelstrecke, Abschnitt Gerolstein - Trier
#48 Beitrag von Roland Zühlke »

This news is more up to date ;D .
Sascha Ohrem constructed a new schedule, downloadable with the following link: http://www.zusi.rzuehlke.de/doc/fpl05so.zip . Extract the file, you'll get a folder called 'Fahrplan 2005 5-10 Uhr'. Put it into the route folder 'KBS470-471_Koeln-Mainz/Fahrpläne'. Cut the .fpl-file and move it into the upper folder (KBS470-471_Koeln-Mainz).

Best regards,

Roland

Antworten