Zusi Add-ons

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Bruce Kennewell
Zusi Add-ons

#1 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Could someone please advise if the latest add-ons, indicated as being at the end of December, 2003, are included on the CD which I received on the 15th. December?

The CD is labelled as CD Nr. 12 yet the add-ons are shown also as being included on CD Nr. 12 yet are dated after that CD was sent to me. ?(

I'm just wanting to know if I should download any of the stuff and, if so, how is it installed?

Regards,
Bruce.

Andreas Karg
#2 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Installing add-ons is easy: You download the ZIP, open it, double-click the ZAD-File inside, (If this doesn't work unzip and then double-click it) read and try to understand the readme, (obsolete in your case) which should then appear in a windows dialogue and click "Installieren". (or "Entpacken", dunno) Wait until the routine has finished and click the button that has now been activated and whose caption I can't remember now. Done.

Christian Gründler

#3 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Hello Bruce,

if you are in possession of CD12, you may download the "Add-ons aufbauend auf CD12". ("... aufbauend auf ..." doesn't mean that the files are included on CD12, but that they are corrections to the contents of the CD and additional stuff.)

For installing the files, have a look at the relevant chapter in the manual (called "File Manager", if I remember it correctly :D )!

Kind regards,
Christian

EDIT: one thing is important (and not described in the manual): you must install the add-ons in consecutive order (from 01 to 08, etc.). The files without a * are not absolutely necessary, but I suggest you install them, too. Especially the "Obere Ruhrtalbahn" is extraordinary good.
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 10.01.2004 22:43:11, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

JoH

#4 Beitrag von JoH »

Christian Gründler hat geschrieben:one thing is important (and not described in the manual): you must install the add-ons in consecutive order (from 01 to 08, etc.)
Reason for this being that each add-on is assuming that all files have the names and locations they should have after the last add-on before it and if that is not the case you will not get a warning, it will just mess up. If by accident you miss one of the needed add-ons (as happend once to me) chances are something will no longer work and than you will have to go back to square one and start again with CD12 and then Add-On 01, 02, ... i.e. a complete installation again :§$% (that is, unless you have some backup from the time before the wrong add-on). CD11 had 99 add-ons in the end!

Jo
Zuletzt geändert von JoH am 11.01.2004 00:43:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Bruce Kennewell
#5 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Christian Gründler hat geschrieben:....("... aufbauend auf ..." doesn't mean that the files are included on CD12, but that they are corrections to the contents of the CD and additional stuff.)
Ah-haaa!
So they are new "things" since the release of the CD being referred to!
Thank you, Christian.
For installing the files, have a look at the relevant chapter in the manual (called "File Manager", if I remember it correctly :D )!
I had a look at this and, according to what I understand, I should simply be able to double-click the .ZAD file at it should install.
But nothing happens other than I receive a Windows message asking me what program I wish to use to open files with the .ZAD extension. :(

Regards,
Bruce.
Zuletzt geändert von Bruce Kennewell am 11.01.2004 01:59:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#6 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Windows message asking me what program I wish to use to open files with the .ZAD extension.
mmmh - select c:/program files/zusi/ZusiVerwaltung.exe then

Carsten

Bruce Kennewell
#7 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

:D
Thank you, Carsten!
All is now OK.

Regards,
Bruce.

Bruce Kennewell
#8 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Christian Gründler hat geschrieben:Especially the "Obere Ruhrtalbahn" is extraordinary good.
Christian, I have just run a couple of timetabled trains on this route and I agree; it is an excellent creation.

Regards,
Bruce.

Roland Ziegler
#9 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Bruce,

Michael Poschmann, the author of the "Upper Ruhr Valley Line", told me on the phone today that he is afraid of people not familiar with the details of the DB rule book getting stuck somewhere on this route because of all the "gimmicks" built into it. These gimmicks seem to hinder or bring to a halt any kind of normal working :evil: - okay, I 'm exaggerating a bit :]. But be aware of train orders popping up unexpectedly 8o, giving you new directions like reversing your train back to the station and such. The scenarios in Upper Ruhr V0.8 may come close to a nightmare when you just try to run your train from A to B :angst - but it's one of the best and most sophisticated routes available for Zusi. :tup :schaffner

If you run into trouble and need explanations/translations, just drop us a note.

Bruce Kennewell
#10 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Roland Ziegler hat geschrieben:...... ..... But be aware of train orders popping up unexpectedly, giving you new directions like reversing your train back to the station and such. ......but it's one of the best and most sophisticated routes available for Zusi. ....
Aaah! Indeed, Roland; that explains a pop-up I received and ignored! :)
Next time it happens I'll translate the message.
But I didn't think that it was possible to reverse in Zusi? ?(

I also noticed a little human figure (static) "waving" a green target as I received an all-clear to proceed after stopping at a platform. Very neat!

Yes, this is a brilliant route....I love it.

Bruce

Roland Ziegler
#11 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

But I didn't think that it was possible to reverse in Zusi?
No, it isn't - unless you have carefully pre-planned your working, applied and combined some of the Zusi route event and timetable options in a smart way and, in this case, run a push-pull-consist.

Bruce Kennewell
#12 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Righty-oh....thanks for clearing up that point for me, Roland.

Bruce.

Christian Gründler

#13 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

Bruce Kennewell hat geschrieben:
Christian Gründler hat geschrieben:Especially the "Obere Ruhrtalbahn" is extraordinary good.
Christian, I have just run a couple of timetabled trains on this route and I agree; it is an excellent creation.

Regards,
Bruce.
Btw, Bruce, did you realize that the Version_06 is not only older than Version_08, but a different section of the line? If not, you should try this one, too! There are less pop-ups, but moving cars, clouds, glider planes and even balloons.....

Regards,
Christian
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 13.01.2004 00:12:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Bruce Kennewell
#14 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Yes, Christian, I've run the v06 and noticed those things. :)

Regards,
Bruce.

Antworten