Thank You for the English Forum

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Vern
Thank You for the English Forum

#1 Beitrag von Vern »

Just a quick post to support the new English forum area.

I'm looking forward to the translations and hopefully putting together a route or two in 2004 for Version 3. I think 2004 could be the year the smaller programmes strike back with their proper simulation of train behaviour, physics and signalling etc.

Pegasus-wtal
Willkommen !

#2 Beitrag von Pegasus-wtal »

Hi Vern,

now that's a surprise indeed ! First comes Bruce and then you. I wonder when the rest of the English speaking TS fans will arrive here. ;D

Welcome to the Club !!!

Vern
#3 Beitrag von Vern »

;)

I've been a passive follower of Zusi for a number of years and, in truth, I feel it has more than a thing or two to teach the two "big players". Excellent physics, proper operating procedures and safety systems. While I'm a staunch supporter of MTS I do think we have lost our way a little with the emphasis seems to be as much on building a 3D world model than core simulation of operating a train.

It's only really the lack of an English version that has kept me from doing more for the programme and I hope that will change.

Bruce Kennewell
#4 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Nice to see you here, Vern. :)

Bruce.

Jason-M

#5 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Great to see you Vern, we have always said how good Zusi was and prayed for English support and now we have it.

:D I had to laugh when Bruce replied "Nice to see you here, Vern", I automatically thought "nice to see you to see you nice" Bruce Forsythe.
?( Sorry for that.

Peter Buchholz

Re: Thank You for the English Forum

#6 Beitrag von Peter Buchholz »

Vern hat geschrieben:... and hopefully putting together a route or two in 2004 ...
Great idea ! One loco exists for english railways: the Class 66. Coming soon ;D .
Moho

Andreas Karg
#7 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Great to see you Vern, we have always said how good Zusi was and prayed for English support and now we have it.
It's not useful to pray for English support to some ominous god when it's just necessary to pray to CARSTEN?... :) Much more effective and so...

JoH

#8 Beitrag von JoH »

AndiK hat geschrieben:...pray to CARSTEN?... :) Much more effective and so...
Are you sure that praying didn't help in this case? At least it was not Carsten who started the current English initiative. Actually Mike Miles started it with his posting on Dec. 7th, which was picked up by the Zusi community and gained incredible momentum from then on. Carsten was - understandable - even a bit reluctant in the beginning. But other had and have the motivation to push and I think that is one of the strong sides of Zusi. I'm loving it! :]

Jo

Antworten