Zusi Update's

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Jason-M

Zusi Update's

#1 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help ?

I have got cd version 9 and I have downloaded updates to make it up to cd version 11 by downloading the cd version update file's, this was ok until I installed update2400 then a load of files are missing when I try and run a route.
Question is have I updated wrong? if so I will start again if someone can tell me what I need to update with.

Thanks

Jason M

Andreas Karg
#2 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

With the release of Zusi CD 11 there were made major changes to the file structure. If I remember correctly it is more or less impossible to update from CD9 to the current state without getting the file structure into chaos. It is possible to order CD12 from Carsten Hölscher at cost price. (5 EUR)

shangway

#3 Beitrag von shangway »

Hi Jason

I'm not an update guru, but AFAIK you also need to install the add-ons based on cd11 from the add-on page. There is quite a number of those. I think arround 99. Some of them are required by 2.4.
Note: You have to install the add-on files in order (1-99).
I don't quite understand the interaction or dependency between the add-ons and the updates myself. The installation and download of the nearly 100 files can be quite cumbersome and time consuming. You might want to think about the alternative to drop Carsten 5 Euros and get a cd12 with everything on it.

Good Luck

Jason-M

#4 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Received my CD 12 the other day thanks to a very quick service by Carsten ( thanks).

Installed OK and downloaded the updates and they went in fine, so all in all I am very happy now.

Now I have got to find time to explore all the routes.
I wonder if some of the American trains will have updated cabs one day?

--
Jason M

Bruce Kennewell
#5 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Jason-M hat geschrieben:I wonder if some of the American trains will have updated cabs one day?
Is it conceivable to take the main cab bitmap for the SD40-2 in Train Simulator and modify it to suit Zusi's requirements? ?(

If so, then it should be a (relatively) straightforward job for an interested party to carry out.

Bruce.

Andreas Karg
#6 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

I don't know how the SD-40 looks in MSTS, but in any case you should ask the author of the cab before you do anything. If it's a cab made of photographs, perhaps he (she) might even send you the source bitmaps. With them you should be able to create a better cab than just converting bitmaps that werde modified just for MSTS. Especially the bitmaps' resolution is relevant. Zusi is generally laid out to 1024*768. In MSTS you seem to have your background bitmap in 2 resolutions: 640*480 and 1024*768, but any bitmap belonging to a lever or an instrument or whatever is made for 640*480 and stretched up for all other resolutions. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I was told and what can be seen in all MSTS cabs I've seen yet.

Mirko
Aktuelle Projekte: Nothing in particular
#7 Beitrag von Mirko »

Howdie!

I think the SD-40 was built by Jens Schubert in a Zusi 1.1-Version and updated by "R.Bauer" for his Desert-Route. The cab view is a MS-Paint made pseudo-3-D-bitmap like the Class 228 of former DR.

Mirko

Antworten