Zusi auf englisch?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Gast

Zusi auf englisch?

#1 Beitrag von Gast »

Ich habe gerade Zusi gekauft. Ich denke, daß es sehr gut ist. Seiend englisch, kämpfe ich mit den Handbüchern. Ich muß die Übersetzungshilfsmittel Google benutzen. Traurig, wenn der Deutsche nicht gut ist. :O

Wenn es mehr als 500 Leute gibt, die auf diesem Forum registriert werden, stellen Sie sich das Extrainteresse an den USA, am Kanada, am Austrailia und an Großbritannien vor, wenn die Handbücher auf englisch auch vorhanden waren.

And in English, just incase it didn't make sense in German....

I have just purchased Zusi. I think it is very good. Being English, I struggle with the manuals. I have to use the Google translation tools. Sorry if the German is not good.

If there are more than 500 people registered on this forum, imagine the extra interest in the USA, Canada, Austrailia and Great Britain if the manuals were available in English too.

Gast

Re: Zusi auf englisch?

#2 Beitrag von Gast »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Ich habe gerade Zusi gekauft. Ich denke, daß es sehr gut ist. Seiend englisch, kämpfe ich mit den Handbüchern. Ich muß die Übersetzungshilfsmittel Google benutzen. Traurig, wenn der Deutsche nicht gut ist. :O

Wenn es mehr als 500 Leute gibt, die auf diesem Forum registriert werden, stellen Sie sich das Extrainteresse an den USA, am Kanada, am Austrailia und an Großbritannien vor, wenn die Handbücher auf englisch auch vorhanden waren.

And in English, just incase it didn't make sense in German....

I have just purchased Zusi. I think it is very good. Being English, I struggle with the manuals. I have to use the Google translation tools. Sorry if the German is not good.

If there are more than 500 people registered on this forum, imagine the extra interest in the USA, Canada, Austrailia and Great Britain if the manuals were available in English too.
Mike Miles
Swindon
Großbritannien

103fan
#3 Beitrag von 103fan »

I thing it doesn't make too much sense to translate the manuals into english. This program is mainly used by native german language users. As a matter of fact, this prog is a "real" simulation of mainly german railroad rules. In a few other countries ( like Switzerland and Austria ) are those rules similar, but not in good old England and for sure not in Amerika. So it is different from the MS trainsimulator, which ist addopted to several countries. Due to those facts, it doesn't make sense for Carsten to translate the hole manual into english, due to the fact that he must add a lot of the special german train rules to that manual.

But if you have problems, i think you will find help here in the forum.

Hope my english isn't too bad and we apprechiate if you use a translator. It is always nice to meet railroad-fans from other countries and so the language shouldn't be the problem.

Greeting from Münster / Westfalen were a lot of british soldiers are stationed and were i had nice talks to a UK Railroad Fan on the mainstation a few years ago..
Grüße aus Münster

FrankF

Daniel Schuhmann
Aktuelle Projekte: Nüscht
#4 Beitrag von Daniel Schuhmann »

Hello Mike,

instead of using the google language tools you can use my google translator, its easier to use. (Although this does not solve your problem :( )
Its a german webpage, but you can switch the software to english. Simply scroll to the end of the website and find the download link. In the programs settings screen, the first option is the programs language "Programmsprache".

Regards,
Daniel Schuhmann
Signaturen können bis zu 50 Zeichen lang sein und

Manfred Kätzler
Aktuelle Projekte: 2-facher Vater

#5 Beitrag von Manfred Kätzler »

How many english-speaking Zusi-drivers are there? I think, if there are enough of them, it would make sense to translate the most important parts of the manual into English.

Maybe our english-speaking friends like to write some comments in the forum themselves to let us know how they think about it.

Best regards,

Manfred
Fdl BFZ Wolfurt

(Ar-) T-Rex
Aktuelle Projekte: Seit 65 Millionen Jahren die Entwicklung der Eisenbahn beobachten
#6 Beitrag von (Ar-) T-Rex »

Queridos amigos ferrocarrileros virtuales,

yo hablo castillano y quisiera tener una edición de Zusi en espanol. Para mi no es acceptable que no hay und versión de esta manera.

Esperando Zusi para nosotros los Espanoles y para nuestros amigos del America del Sur

soy vuestro
Arturo

(a veces de Espana, Argentina o Cuba etc, casualmente ahora en Austria) :mua

Edit: errores en escribir corrigidos
Zuletzt geändert von (Ar-) T-Rex am 07.12.2003 14:08:37, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
ZPA-Bereich Österreich

E-mail:
oesterreich@zpa.zusi.de

Mike Miles

#7 Beitrag von Mike Miles »

Dank für die Antworten auf meine Frage. Ich bin ein Eisenbahnarbeiter in Großbritannien, also, Zusi in Deutschland ist zu fahren durchaus eine angenehme Änderung. Ich erhalte verwendete zu jetzt fahren, aber ich habe noch Probleme, den Betrieb des PZB und der Geschwindigkeitsbeschränkungen zu verstehen, die es auferlegt.

And as always, in English just in case the German is nonsense.

Thanks for the replies to my question. I work in Great Britain on the railway, so driving Zusi in Germany is quite a pleasant change. I am getting used to driving now, but I still have problems understanding the operation of the PZB and the speed restrictions it imposes.
Zuletzt geändert von Mike Miles am 07.12.2003 14:54:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mike Miles
Swindon
Grossbritannien.

Oliver Lamm
Aktuelle Projekte: Aachen - Neuss für Zusi3
#8 Beitrag von Oliver Lamm »

Carsten,

ich wäre durchaus bereit Zusi ins engllische zu uebersetzen, da ich es derzeit sowieso staendig in englisch erklaeren muss. Schick mir mal eine mail, dann koennen wir das ganze mal in Ruhe diskutueren.

Oli

--
Oliver Lamm
Manchester Metrolink
Oliver Lamm
mail(AT)oliverlamm(DOT)de

F(R)S-Bauer

#9 Beitrag von F(R)S-Bauer »

Hello Mike,

do you know this page ?

for the first step into PZB, you can read this usefull links:
PZB function (English) http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/rindusi.htm

Zusi simulated this function has the same system of the original.
Zuletzt geändert von F(R)S-Bauer am 07.12.2003 16:06:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Verstehe die IT, heute: IoF -> Internet over Fax, eine Deutsch Erfindung...

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#10 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

@Mike: You can start the zusi-Demo in a special learning mode, which is available in english. It also explains the PZB-basics.

Zusi 3 will have customizable menus und dialogs, so it can be translated inmto many languages.

carsten

Andreas Karg
#11 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Until Zusi3 with support for english (and theoretically also for japanese and klingones...ian..isch... wiahoasstmades?!) will be released I think you can always come here with your questions, if there's a problem, Mike! :)

Mike Miles

#12 Beitrag von Mike Miles »

Thanks again for your kind help everyone, and for putting up with the English or my bad German writings.

@ Carsten: I found the English in the demo, else I would never have worked it out, and thus possibly not purchased Zusi. The English Demo is a very good explanation of the basics of driving the trains. It is most welcome :)

What I get a bit confused on is the various types of PZB. Some operate as "type O" or "M" or "U." Is this right? How do I tell which one is which, so I can work out the speeds that I need to brake to when I get a pilot signal against me?
Mike Miles
Swindon
Grossbritannien.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#13 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

start
Zusi-Dokumentation
-> Bahntechnik
-> PZB - Punktförmige Zugbeeinflussung

The diagrams show the speed restrictions of the different PZB-Systems, depending on the "Zugart" O/U/M.

You should not start with PZB90/PZ80R, they are very complicated. The system of your loco ist shown in the "Schummelfenster" (Ctrl+F8) or "Warum fährt mein Zug nicht" (Ctrl+W)

Carsten
Zuletzt geändert von Carsten Hölscher am 07.12.2003 20:02:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Stefan Aussum
#14 Beitrag von Stefan Aussum »

Perhaps we should open an extra forum for the English-speaking Zusi users...

And then perhaps a small dictionary for ääähm also für die einzelnen Menüpunkte halt. ;D

Stefan
Zuletzt geändert von Stefan Aussum am 07.12.2003 22:04:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

shangway

#15 Beitrag von shangway »

In another thread, I also expressed my desire of having an english translation of the basic ZUSI docu. Although I don't have any problems reading the docu in German (as I am German) I think the whole ZUSI community would greatly benefit from such a translation.
Having english menue items will not solve the problems of understanding german train control systems like INDUSI, PZB, LZB and the likes.

@103fan:
I disagree with you. As I understood, ZUSI was specifically designed to be adaptable to any kind of train control mechanism and not only the one which is now used almost exclusively. Am I wrong Carsten? Besides, there are probably a lot of fans of "the world famous Deutsche Bahn AG" out there who are not german.

@Carsten:
I also would offer my help creating an english documentation.

(Ar-) T-Rex
Aktuelle Projekte: Seit 65 Millionen Jahren die Entwicklung der Eisenbahn beobachten
#16 Beitrag von (Ar-) T-Rex »

Arthuro hat geschrieben:...quisiera tener una edición de Zusi en espanol...
Ja hallo, kann denn hier keiner spanisch ?( ;( :mua :P ...?!?!?
ZPA-Bereich Österreich

E-mail:
oesterreich@zpa.zusi.de

Roland Ziegler
#17 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

I would assume translation of the documentation is the key task. Any help offered from native or bilingual speakers will certainly be highly appreciated, be it as a translator or as a reviewer. As we have learned from MSTS how not to do it we should set this other precondition: Authors and reviewers should be familiar with the British/American railway/railroad lingo. Otherwise we'll end up with something like "eigene Runde" for a self-lapping brake valve.

Mengyingbo

Habla español?

#18 Beitrag von Mengyingbo »

Hola Arturo,

si quieres te traduzco algo de mi sitio web (http://www.sh1.org) al castellano :mua

(The same is true for English, if I can explain something which is unclear in my web site http://www.sh1.org just drop me a few bytes)..

und Arturo: Ni shuo Zhongwen ma?

Wolfgang

Frank Wenzel
#19 Beitrag von Frank Wenzel »

I remember to the fact, that many open software like Mozilla are written in english and have just an english documentation. And, of course, you'll find many translations written by different users or usergroups.

As to be seen in this thread there are a lot of "ZUSIANS", able to read and write in english and I habe no doubt that our community will create an appreciated english manual.

Greetings
Gruß ins Forum, Frank - www.zusi-sk.eu - Youtube

(Ar-) T-Rex
Re: Habla español?

#20 Beitrag von (Ar-) T-Rex »

Mengyingbo oder welcher Spaßvogel auch immer das sei hat geschrieben:...
Da. Karaschow. Spassiba bolschoi!

Arthurowitsch
ZPA-Bereich Österreich

E-mail:
oesterreich@zpa.zusi.de

Antworten