Zusi auf englisch?

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Mike Miles

#21 Beitrag von Mike Miles »

Although I can't translate too easily the manuals, perhaps I could help with the railway terminology used in the English language or reading to see if it makes sense.

However, as I know less Spanish than German, I will not be of any help in a Spanish edition ;)
Mike Miles
Swindon
Grossbritannien.

Mirko
Aktuelle Projekte: Nothing in particular
#22 Beitrag von Mirko »

Sir Arthur ist ja richtig sprachbegabt 8o Und ich kann nur Englisch und ein Existenzminimum (wird aber noch mehr) Italienisch.

Mirko

Andreas Karg
#23 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Wahrscheinlich kommt er gleich noch mit Japanisch und erklärt uns dann auf Indisch, wie er Zulu gelernt hat...

PeterR

#24 Beitrag von PeterR »

Vielleicht sollten wir uns langsam Gedanken machen, in einer Zusi-Strecke den Turm von Babylon zu integrieren.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#25 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

I will have to rewrite most of the Zusi-documentation when Zusi 3 is released.
As the translation of the docu probably is a hard job, I think we should concentrate on Zusi 3 and then create a complete English version and documentation.

Carsten

Mike Miles

#26 Beitrag von Mike Miles »

At the end of the day, you are the boss Carsten, I am personally grateful that there are some people who are willing to assist me, including you. I am working my way through the theory.

By the way, I asked how do I tell a train type (o,m or u).

You replied: "The diagrams show the speed restrictions of the different PZB-Systems, depending on the "Zugart" O/U/M. "

The question is how do I find out what "zugart" my train is when I select it please? I found the ctrl + F8 thing now

Many thanks
Mike Miles
Swindon
Grossbritannien.

Andreas Karg
#27 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

You'll see it in the cab. In most cases you can find 6 Leuchtmelders...damn. How do you call these funny little lamps in various colours? Well, okay. Usually the upper three of these lamps are blue. Depending on which lamp is on you can tell, of which type your train is. From left to right:
I60(R):
U - 1000Hz target speed: 60kph, 500Hz trigger speed: 45kph
M - 1000Hz target speed: 75kph, 500Hz trigger speed: 50kph
O - 1000Hz etc.: 95kph, 500Hz: 65kph

PZB90 (version 1.6):
U - 1000Hz target speed: 55kph, 500Hz trigger speed: 45 to 25kph
M - 1000Hz: 70kph, 500Hz: 50 to 35kph
O - 1000Hz: 85kph, 500Hz: 65 to 45kph

The PZB90-system is the successor of the I60R-system, adding several new safety festures.
1. As you can see above, the speed you mustn't exceed while a 500Hz-check is active is lowered over a path of 153m. In previous versions of indusi there was just a constant value.

2. Restricive modes. There are two of them: 1000Hz-restrictive mode and 500Hz-restrictive mode.
(I) 1000Hz: When there's a 1000Hz-checking active (you know, when the yellow lamp is lit) and your speed goes below 10kph for at least 10 seconds, then restrictive mode is activated and the train type lamps M and O begin to flash alternately. If your train exceeds 45kph while this mode is active an emergency ("Zwangs-"?) braking is triggered. As soon as the yellow light is off you can switch off restrictive mode by pressing "PZB Frei" aka Del key on your keyboard.
(II) 500Hz: Almost the same as 1000Hz, with the following differences: Usually you already are in 1000Hz restrictive mode when this one gets triggered by getting a 500Hz pilot signal. Your maximum speed is now 25kph and the red 500Hz-lamp is on.

Notice: When you're running 40kph in 1000Hz restrictive mode and pass a 500Hz magnet, 500 Hz restrictive mode is activated immediately and thus you will be...be...dunno. You will probably notice it on your own sooner or later. ;)
I hope, it's at least a little understandable.... :) By the way, this is no 1:1-translation of the documentation, just written by myself and any mistakes in my text have nothing to do with G. W. Bush, my Mum and/or Kraft Foods.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#28 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

The question is how do I find out what "zugart" my train
there are 3 blue lights, 60/75/95 or 55/70/85 km/h. They correspond to the current Zugart U/M/O.

I don't want to stop anyone translating the Zusi docu, of course - but he would have to do it twice.... ;)

Carsten

shangway

#29 Beitrag von shangway »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:I will have to rewrite most of the Zusi-documentation when Zusi 3 is released.
As the translation of the docu probably is a hard job, I think we should concentrate on Zusi 3 and then create a complete English version and documentation.
I would assume that some parts of the documentation such as train control, signaling and operating procedures e.g., everything which is currently described under "Bahntechnik", will not change with a new Zusi version. I guess, that would be a good start, although http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/index.htm does quite a good job and covers most of what is described by the "Bahntechnik" section.
Of course, it does not make any sense to translate the track editor or the cab view editor and such for it will be obsolete once Zusi 3 is released.

Bruce Kennewell
#30 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Good evening from Australia.
I have just today received my full copy of Zusi from Carsten, after trying the demo for a couple of weeks.
Please allow me to emphasise this: Zusi has the ability to capture the interest of people, such as myself, in all countries.
Please do NOT think that, because it is centred on German signalling and operating practices, that only those familiar with that system would be keen to use and develop Zusi. That is simply incorrect.

Apart from the excellence of the dynamics and physics, what also grabbed my interest was the "editing suite", the tool-kit for the creation of routes, landscapes, 3-D items, rolling stock and all the other aspects that go to make up Zusi.

For the first time since buying Train Simulator I saw an opportunity for me to not only operate a train that reacted in a realistic manner but to also try and create some of my favourite sections of railway line here in Australia.

So please, when you chaps in Germany (and those other nationalities who speak, read and write fluent German) discuss the relative worth of providing an English version, please remember that it is not just the cab-driving section that we are looking at; we desperately need the editing tools and menus translated in order to make proper use of them.
If they are created then one day you may see routes, locomotives, stock etc from all parts of the world, and that is how it should be with Zusi, in my opinion.

It would be a real shame to see it restricted to mainly German lines because of the language barrier.

I have been fortunate in that, after placing a request for assistance on the Train-Sim forum, a chap in Germany is going to translate the documents when he finds the time. I am very grateful for this help and it is a start.

My regards to you all and particularly to Carsten for creating this wonderful program.

Bruce Kennewell
Canberra
Australia.
Zuletzt geändert von Bruce Kennewell am 15.12.2003 11:40:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

(Ar-) T-Rex
Aktuelle Projekte: Seit 65 Millionen Jahren die Entwicklung der Eisenbahn beobachten
#31 Beitrag von (Ar-) T-Rex »

Thank you for your suggests form Australia, Bruce, and keep on being hopefully. We shall make it all, but it needs time -

Arthur from Austria

Mirko Cisar, Dipl.-Ing. (FH), hat geschrieben:Sir Arthur ist ja richtig sprachbegabt. Und ich kann nur Englisch und ein Existenzminimum (wird aber noch mehr) Italienisch.
Mirko
Stimmt nicht. Er kann auch noch perfekt Lateinisch. (Der amtliche Nachweis dafür liegt mir vor.)

Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas!!! ;D

Arthur
Zuletzt geändert von (Ar-) T-Rex am 15.12.2003 11:54:44, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
ZPA-Bereich Österreich

E-mail:
oesterreich@zpa.zusi.de

Roland Zühlke
Aktuelle Projekte: Eifelstrecke, Abschnitt Gerolstein - Trier
#32 Beitrag von Roland Zühlke »

Dear freaks,

I can see once more how wonderfull this internet seems to be!

I followed this discussion with big interest as working with english programmes for me as a German native speaker is quite a good way to keep me trained in english. Thus I am also willing to help those people, who start to make a full english version of Zusi.

@ Oli: Did you correspond with Carsten about that issue? What are your plans?

Maybe there is somebody from the english friends who can read the translated documentation afterwards and check the spelling, wording and grammar!

By the way: Est-ce qu'il y'a quelqu'un qui parle français et veut avoir une version de Zusi en français? ;D

Very kind regards!

Roland

(Ar-) T-Rex
Aktuelle Projekte: Seit 65 Millionen Jahren die Entwicklung der Eisenbahn beobachten
#33 Beitrag von (Ar-) T-Rex »

Roland Zühlke hat geschrieben:...Est-ce qu'il y'a quelqu'un qui parle français et veut avoir une version de Zusi en français?...Roland
Gib's auf - auf Spanisch und Russisch hat mir hier auch keiner geantwortet... ;(
ZPA-Bereich Österreich

E-mail:
oesterreich@zpa.zusi.de

Arie van Zon
#34 Beitrag von Arie van Zon »

Latein wäre etwas... :mua

/Arie (SCNR)

Gast

#35 Beitrag von Gast »

Roland Zühlke hat geschrieben:Maybe there is somebody from the english friends who can read the translated documentation afterwards and check the spelling, wording and grammar!
I would consider it a privilege to assist in this area of the translation project. I can't do much else, as I don't speak German, but I have written etchnical documents and other articles for publication.
I also operate a web site ( http://www.netspeed.com.au/bhk/AustRail/ )so the location and transfer of documents and screenshots could be done quite easily if needed.

Just let me know if I can help.

Regards,
Bruce.

Eric
#36 Beitrag von Eric »

Roland Zühlke hat geschrieben:
By the way: Est-ce qu'il y'a quelqu'un qui parle français et veut avoir une version de Zusi en français? ;D
oui moi je le veux en francais :P :P an wann mier schon derbei sin och nach eng letzeboierg version :D :D

Eric

Frank Wenzel
#37 Beitrag von Frank Wenzel »

Eric hat geschrieben:... letzeboierg ...
Ist das die adjektivierte Version zu "Letzebuerg"? :D
Gruß ins Forum, Frank - www.zusi-sk.eu - Youtube

Roland Ziegler
#38 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

I also operate a web site ( http://www.netspeed.com.au/bhk/AustRail/ )
@Bruce: Nice advertising for Zusi :schaffner

Patrick Schardien

#39 Beitrag von Patrick Schardien »

Die Idee mit einem Unterforum für nichtdeutsche Besucher find ich aber ganz gut. Rein probehalber könnte man ja schauen ob es dafür Bedarf gibt.
Hier steht die Signatur.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#40 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

Just let me know if I can help.
there are a few people who are interested in an English manuel and who would like to help. If it is about one chapter per person it might be a good idea to translate the Zusi 2 manual.

Who would like to help?!?

Carsten[/quote]

Antworten