Zusi 3 Demo

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Jason-M

Zusi 3 Demo

#1 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Just had a look at the new Beta Demo video, well done Carsten it looks excellent, can't wait to see it for myself.
Can you confirm if we can all try the Beta demo soon or have do we wait for the demo?

Regards

Jason
--
Jason M

Stephan/Taschi
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusi boykottieren, gelegentlich mal gesperrt sein

Re: Zusi 3 Demo

#2 Beitrag von Stephan/Taschi »

As written in the german section, the Beta Demo of Zusi 3 will be published in the "MIBA-Digital" magazine's next edition and it will be for download at the same time.

StefanSchmidt

#3 Beitrag von StefanSchmidt »

Sorry, Carsten wrote: the video will be placed at the next MIBA-Digital Magazin CD and here in the download section.
The Demo itself is not ready and will be published later. There are a lot of things have to be developed to have a functioning Demo.
So enjoy the video.
Stefan

Dennis Bork

#4 Beitrag von Dennis Bork »

As I understood Carsten's statement, the demo will be in the next issue of MIBA if everything goes fine and will then be available for download also. It's only questionable which issue of MIBA that might be, the next one will already hit the stores on September, 23rd.
Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:Die im Video gezeigte Version wird - wenn denn alles klappt - auf der Beilage-DVD der nächsten MIBA-Digital vorhanden sein und dann natrülich auch hier als Download zu bekommen sein.

Christian Sch.
Aktuelle Projekte: Gesundheit geht vor...

#5 Beitrag von Christian Sch. »

StefanSchmidt hat geschrieben:Sorry, Carsten wrote: the video will be placed at the next MIBA-Digital Magazin CD and here in the download section.
The Demo itself is not ready and will be published later. There are a lot of things have to be developed to have a functioning Demo.
So enjoy the video.
Stefan
I second skybluenovas interpretation. Carsten listed some things that he wants to add to the "Beta" version of the demo to get rid of that label.
Those are:
  • Possibility for internationalisation/localisation,
  • the possibility to use your own vehicles ( presumably with a generic driver,s cab ),
  • people on the platforms ( dependent on the timetable )and
  • the automatic addition of tail lights.
Bugs found will also be squashed ...

Greetings Christian

Matthias Rutsch
Aktuelle Projekte: Odenheim/Menzingen-Bruchsal
Bad Schönborn-Bruchsal

#6 Beitrag von Matthias Rutsch »

MIBA = MIBA-Digital?

Matthias

Jason-M

#7 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Thanks for the replies, Carsten any chance you can confirm if we will be able to download the Beta Demo please?
Zuletzt geändert von Jason-M am 21.09.2011 11:05:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
--
Jason M

Christian Sch.
Aktuelle Projekte: Gesundheit geht vor...

#8 Beitrag von Christian Sch. »

Matthias Rutsch hat geschrieben:MIBA = MIBA-Digital?

Matthias
Don´t think so ...

"MIBA extra Modellbahn digital" is a yearly special edition, the 2010 issue was published in November 2010. The MIBA published on Sep. 23rd will be the regular edition published more frequently.

Thats what Mr. Google tells me ...

Christian

Christopher Spies

#9 Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

Dear all,

skybluenova and Christian Sch. are right.
StefanSchmidt hat geschrieben:Sorry, Carsten wrote: the video will be placed at the next MIBA-Digital Magazin CD and here in the download section.
That's not what Carsten said:
Carsten Hölscher wrote (highlights by me):Die im Video gezeigte Version wird - wenn denn alles klappt - auf der Beilage-DVD der nächsten MIBA-Digital vorhanden sein und dann natrülich auch hier als Download zu bekommen sein.
My translation:If all goes well, the version shown in the video will also appear on the cover DVD of the next issue of the MIBA Digital magazine and will of course also be available for download here.
So it's not the video that will be on the DVD, but the beta demo version. As Christian points out, the magazine Carsten mentioned is a special edition published once a year. The monthly MIBA magazine does not usually come with a cover disk.

Best regards
- Christopher

Vern

#10 Beitrag von Vern »

Excellent news and the video looks brilliant - actually got me more excited than the prospect of R......ks 3!

Gerald Hunker
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusi3 fahren.... fahren.... fahren......

#11 Beitrag von Gerald Hunker »

Yes, I agree: That looks very promising! :tup
I'm sure Zusi3 will be the best railway simulator for Europe!
And I can wait :D

Greetings,
Gerald
"Darf man denn einfach ohne Erlaubnis mit einer Lokomotive in eine fremde Wohnung hineinfahren?", flüsterte er besorgt.
(Jim Knopf, 1960)

Jan-Ole

#12 Beitrag von Jan-Ole »

Hello,
Roter_Heuler hat geschrieben:Yes, I agree: That looks very promising! :tup
I'm sure Zusi3 will be the best railway simulator for Europe!
And I can wait :D

Greetings,
Gerald
And of Europe...

JOS

Jason-M

#13 Beitrag von Jason-M »

Just downloaded the now available beta demo and would like to say thankyou to Carsten, it is very good from what I have seen so far.
I look forward to the English language version as I am not sure of a lot of the settings.

Maybe there could be a Zusi3 English section in the Zusi3 forums?

Thanks again.
--
Jason M

Vern

#14 Beitrag von Vern »

I had a quick run and must say this is absolutely brilliant, really looking forward to the full version and hopefully an attempt at making some routes.

Does anyone know whether the Indusi acknowledgement key has changed as I was hitting Enter but still got a penalty brake application? Maybe I wasn't slowing down fast enough.

protonmw (Marc)

#15 Beitrag von protonmw (Marc) »

Hello Vern,

Keys are the same. But braking action is very slow, so perhaps you wasnt fast enough with braking? Or not strong enough...
MfG Marc

"Wir genießen das Leben in vollen Zügen!"

AndiS

#16 Beitrag von AndiS »

It is Enter on the numeric keypad, not the "normal" one on the main keypad.
There is also Sifa (press Space every 30 seconds) which can stop you.

Carsten said here that the next version of the demo, which could appear around end of the year, will/may support translation to other languages.

Stephan/Taschi
Aktuelle Projekte: Zusi boykottieren, gelegentlich mal gesperrt sein

#17 Beitrag von Stephan/Taschi »

In another board, someone reported having trouble with this, too. It appears that pressing "Neuverbinden" in the settings menu solved this problem.

You also could try to use another key for the PZB.

Vern

#18 Beitrag von Vern »

Well, the Indusi/PZB issue aside, I'm really enjoying this. It feels like a train sim, i.e. it looks good but the emphasis is on the railway and the infrastructure, not just a scenery simulator with arcade trains as an afterthought.

I assume the locos which currently use the generic cab will be getting custom cabs at some stage?

One suggestion re the tickertape (F8?) which presumably replaces the old information box at the top left, it's a shame this can't be moved to the lower part of the screen. Also, when using apply/lap brakes on the locos, the "old" Zusi 2 info screen prompted with details about position of the brake handle and the pressure reduction, but I can't see an equivalent in Zusi 3.

Looking forward to the next demo, though my wallet is already open, ready and willing to buy the full version.

Clemens Mai

#19 Beitrag von Clemens Mai »

Custom cabs will be there, the generic cabs are only in the demo - because its an demo! ;)

The old Informationbox was better, but the new box is a challenge to everyone as a force to drive better and its more realistic, or have real trains such a box? ^^ ;)
Zuletzt geändert von Clemens Mai am 07.11.2011 09:29:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Vern

#20 Beitrag von Vern »

+1 on encouraging better driving and at least even the generic cab doesn't look like something from a Fisher Price toy!

Antworten