3D printing levers and switches

Da immer mehr Zusi User von einem 1:1 Führerstand mit träumen, soll es zumindest an Datenaustausch nicht hapern.
Nachricht
Autor
gazz
Aktuelle Projekte: BR 111 Drivers Desk
Mini universal drivers desk with 3D printed parts
Omsi : NG272 Drivers Workplace (I WILL make progress this year)
Re: 3D printing levers and switches

#21 Beitrag von gazz »

Thank You for the dimensions,

i have been going through another redesign, the 75% sized levers were a little too large to be used on the hospital table that the driving desk will sit on over the bed, maybe if all that was in the box were the 4 levers, but we want the switches for PZB/LZB, main power, pantograph, reversing switch/lever, doors, lights and so on, and it was all just getting too large :(

the 50% levers were too small for large hands,

so i am trying the middle ground, 62.5% sized levers.

the differences are,
75% levers had a 90mm diameter disc and a 12mm pipe (the shaft that the knob is on top of, that you use to move the lever)
50% levers had a 60mm diameter disc and a 8mm pipe.
62.5% levers have a 75mm disc, and a 10mm pipe,

Bild

The middle lever is the one i am working on now, it looks rough as i print the pipe laying down for strength, but that leaves a ~0.5mm raised flat part on the bottom that needs removing, so i stick the parts in my mini lathe and use emery paper to make it round, i'd done the same for the knob as i printed that upside down, and i wanted to just round over the top edge... but i thnk i have got that knob size wrong anyway.

But in the photo i haven't used any finer than 100 grit emery cloth, and no plastic polish (Novus) plus the camera flash really picks out imperfections.

But each redesign i find a little solution to a past problem, you can see the 50% lever i painted the white line on it, this looks awful... even with a 0.2mm recess in the printed part, the paint wicks out into the printed layers i think.

simple solution, print a 0.2mm thick white line and glue it in the lever's recess, that's what's done on the middle lever (the 62.5% sized one)

I have also got rid of the need for a gear as seen on the 50% lever, as i am using an analog hall sensor and 2 magnets to give the levers position to the controller... which i am using a STM32F 'blue pill' and FreeJoy,

I already designed a 'brake band' to give resistance to the lever, that is really needed now, as without the resistance from the potentiometer and it's gears the lever is free to flop from one end to the other of travel if a 'notch wheel' is not inserted.

The plan of these levers is to be universal, so a simple to change notch wheel will be made for the different trains, and they can be swapped out as needed.

My ultimate goal would be to use a motor for force feedback style levers, so the notches could be set with the click of a mouse, but programming is my weak point, so i am doing it mechanically for now, and will look at force feedback levers later.

Antworten